Saw Mill
Very nice work Greg!Smiley-signs107Smiley-eatdrink004

So you have a under water log yard, sounds like a great supply of seasoned old growth.Thumbsup

That stuff is hard to come by these days.Drool

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Lots of logs in 6-8 feet of water but in the 15-20 foot range they're laying beside each other as if they placed there. Expect its all old growth hardwood, anything I've sampled with the chain saw has been. Might be a 1/4 inch of grey wood on the outside then the rest is perfect.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Thats a cracking saw mill you have built Greg Smiley-signs107

Rob
Thanks given by:
Hi
Greg
That is a great looking saw millDroolDroolDrool
Cabinets look fantastic
I remember watching a program on sky
They were recovering logs from under water they looked nothing , but once they were cut up the grain was fantasticDroolDrool
John
Thanks given by:
Nice work Greg - those cabinets look very nice.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Greg,
Very nice indeed Smiley-signs107 Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I want one, Just like that one,
And then I want a lake full of logs,
And then I want a need for all that beautiful Wood,
And then, Well, and then I want to get back to all those other projects I should do before wanting a SawmillRotfl

Well done, Most folks can work wood or metal, clearly you are very competent in many materials, nice sawmill, excellent cabinets.

Best regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
hi in the UK fuel prices are out of this world this may aswnd daft but wot is the MPG IE haw many logs can you go through between fill ups
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
The ratio of trees to people isn't high enough in "Jolly Aulde England" to consider wood heat (in my oft flawed opinion).
We, here in Canada land of trees, rocks and lakes are trying to attain a similar ratio. Since we don't want more people we're depleting the trees Rotfl.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2012, 03:33 PM)stevec Wrote: The ratio of trees to people isn't high enough in "Jolly Aulde England" to consider wood heat (in my oft flawed opinion).
We, here in Canada land of trees, rocks and lakes are trying to attain a similar ratio. Since we don't want more people we're depleting the trees Rotfl.
Steve,
You forgot the snowRotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: