The gauntlet gun
hi guys

ive been attemtping a schematic that, for all intensive purposes is an advanced, relaodable zip gun(i hate that name and the device) its a basic concept and i cant really draw so i havent actually MADE one yet. so please jump in and share any opinion you might have.

it starts off with a basic rig that gets straped to your forearm. 3 half inch sheets covered in leather, 3 leather sttaps to snug.to your arm, and a small springloaded handle that goes in front of your palm. ( best way to explain would be the concept of a spring loaded industrial ratchet strap on your arm) now comes the hard part.

the plan is to weld 4 tubes onto a base plate that mounts to the back of your hand, and connecting the springloaded pulley to the rear of the tubes with 4 seperate hammers that would all hit at the same time.

another problem im having is the reload process. i have no idea how to weld or devise an efficient method to reload the tubes aside from putting them in thru the top. but at the same time how would the ammo not fall out while walking?

and of course the right material for the job. this is metalworking AND gunsmithing at the same time. ive never made a gun nor do i understand the proccesses to create one.
so idk what metal for the tubes, whether they need a spiral groove ran inside, and if its even possible to have it so i could reload and seal the ammunition within the tube.

i am going to yse a basic pulley system for the hammers and it will be spring loaded. a cool idea is that i could make within each tube a small piece of metal that slides up or down depending on the tension of the pulley and hammer system, but i can only imagine, no clue if its practical or not. id enjoy.it if i could reload from the rear of.the tubes closest to myself, butbof course i need for lack of a better word, a stopper and sealer to kep the ammo in place.

p.s. the size of this device will truly work best wanything from a .22 caliber to a .40. mainly due to the size restrictions.
give ur input and lets make something amazing ;)
Thanks given by:
Why try to re-invent the wheel? What you want is known as a "duckfoot" pistol. It is a black powder weapon and is a "muzzle loader" so the powder and projectiles go in from the front.

[Image: duckfoot2.jpg]

Quote:ive never made a gun nor do i understand the proccesses to create one.

Unfortunately you also don't understand the legalities of building such a contraption, that fires modern rimfire or centerfire ammunition.  The creation of such a device by civilians is a felony and can earn you an extended free stay at Club FedBawling

Specifically your device would be considered a "machine gun" because it fires more than one projectile with a single pull of the "trigger".
That's the way it works in real life I'm afraid.

Go here to learn more if you would like:  http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/a...dition.pdf
Willie
Thanks given by:
I'll take it one step further and advise you to abandon your quest to develop a device to shoot factory ammunition. If you succeed in building such a device and attempt to fire it, it will blow up and you will likely be injured or killed. Modern smokeless powders develop tremendous pressure and unless you have a degree in mechanical engineering, you lack the knowledge to develop a device that is capable of containing it.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
WOW! i had no idea i could get in THAT much trouble. i also didnt know.there was already an invention like that. thank you for stopping me before i started. like i said.never made one and didnt know the fine lines of making one.
i have a couple more projects that i will get into and ill leave this one in the cellar lol. thanks again guys :)
Thanks given by: