Good quality chisels and punches
Thanks Oz. I've not heard of this brand before but just searched for them and found that Master's Hardware stock them.

I've just this week ordered a 6 pce cold chisel set and 16 pce punch set (starter and pin punches) made by Mayhew out of the US. Ken got me a good price on them, which I am very happy with.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I was just checking the web for Rennsteig tools and see that they really don't offer much in the way of striking tools. Given the range of crimping tools, connectors and other goods they offer, it appears that they are more of a reseller than tool maker so chisels and punches aren't their core business as it is with Mayhew. With Mayhew, I've been to their factory and can assure you that US made tool steel stock shows up at the door, forged and finished tools ship out.

Darren will be impressed with what he gets. I'll have the tools in hand next week and will get them sent out shortly thereafter....unless he has plans to do a pickup! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
These arrived on Friday Big Grin

The 60560 six piece cold chisel set (1/4", 5/16", 3/8" 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4")

The 64341 sixteen piece punch kit (3/32", 1/8", 3/16" 1/4", 5/32", 5/16" and 3/8" starter punches.  1/16", 3/32", 1/8", 5/32", 3/16" 1/4", 7/32", 5/16" and 3/8" pin punches)

The quality of the chisels and punches is very good.  However, I much prefer the holder that the chisels come in, which seems to be a combination of nylon cloth and vinyl.  The vinyl/plastic punch pouch had already split where the larger two starter punches sit, despite the considerable bubble wrap that they were shipped in.  

I'm thinking of making a holder similar to a drill index.
Thanks given by:
C'mon Darren, stick 'em in a drawer, loose, along with other unrelated stuff and spend the frustrating time of looking for one when you need it.

Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl 

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Not a chance Steve
Thanks given by:
Back when I was younger and had more time & drive to do cute little projects... I used old denim jeans to make tool rolls. Worked real nice around the shop, but was not really durable enough for carrying on a bike - it would rattle & wear through in short order.
Thanks given by:
Glad you got them Darren, but very concerned about the cracked sheath. I am certain it wasn't like that when I shipped, and did believe I'd packed it well. The punch and chisel sets were both curled up as I got them. I did open the them to inspect and returned them to the curled up state.

I'll contact them and see if I can get a replacement.
Thanks given by:
Ken - I'm sure it was a casualty of travel, despite the extreme care with which you wrapped them.

As I said, I'm going to look at other storage options, as I'm not a big fan of these tool rolls.
Thanks given by: