Electrical question
The sensorless vector drives are definitely worth getting. My Hitachi drive is a sensorless vector drive.

Ed

EDIT: My Teco VFD is also a sensorless vector drive.
Thanks given by:
Once again thanks for the advice guys, I will be ordering the hitachi VFD shortly.

Cheers
Shawn
Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 07:23 PM)EdK Wrote: The sensorless vector drives are definitely worth getting. My Hitachi drive is a sensorless vector drive.

Ed

+1  Thumbsup

I have a Hitachi sv drive on my lathe (2hp) and can get the spindle speed down to 2 rpm and still has enough torque that I can't stall it.
Customer service is a big plus too. I had a conversation with someone at Hitachi via e-mail, who answered a couple of questions I had about setting up my VFD. I later found out he was the head engineer for the company.
Jawdrop

Then again, I've never seen a bad word about the TECO units either......
Willie
Thanks given by:
+1 on the Hitachi drives. I have several and like everyone else have been very happy with them.
Thanks given by:
I've got two Teco units and a Fuji and all I can say is they have workd with no problems for the last three or four years.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: Shawn
Maybe it's because I havnt been looking but I don't remember hearing or reading any complaints about VFDs regardless of the make. For the S&B I think if for nothing else than my own peice of mind I'll go with the Hitachi. I have a 2hp 3ph motor I bought cheap online that will eventually go on my Clausing mill, I'll give the Teco drives a try with that.
Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
(02-16-2015, 11:35 PM)Shawn Wrote: And just because I like looking at what others have in their shop here's a photo of my lathe the day I picked her up last summer. 

[Image: image.jpg]

Very nice S&B.  I have not seen very many of these in Canada.  What is the story of how it came to you?  What kit were you able to get with it (TTA, steadies, collet set up)?  Regads, David Craig
Thanks given by:
Late to the party but +1 several times for Hitachi. Mine have been very reliable and I like having good documentation given the many configuration parameters.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2016, 03:35 PM)arvidj Wrote: Late to the party but +1 several times for Hitachi. Mine have been very reliable and I like having good documentation given the many configuration parameters.

Actually you're not late to the party Arvid.  Big Grin

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/thread-25...l#pid41803

Ed
Thanks given by: