Mill Splash Guard
                Guys
Seeing we are "fun" working group, guess 'twould not be far off the mark if we posted some pics of our miniscule work in comparison to the expert craftmanship displayed by the avid pros here.
We accept it would not qualify as any "project" worthy of merit here, but guess it would keep these pages occupied  !!!  
Thanks for allowing us the space.
aRM
Thanks given by:
A project is a project no matter how big or small, or how polished it may be. It is all about functionality and being able to create a solution to a problem or simply to make something.

You splash guard certainly fits in here and is a nicely made mod to your mill - well done.

Why not go over to the introductions section and tell us a bit more about you, your machines and your hobbies...
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: aRM
(02-22-2015, 02:25 AM)aRM Wrote: Guys
We accept it would not qualify as any "project" worthy of merit here, but guess it would keep these pages occupied  !!!  
aRM

Yes it does - very nice knurling Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
We could debate, though there is no need to, the "project-ness" but there is no debate about it being a great idea, an excellent implementation, and a shop that appears to be way too clean!!

Thanks for sharing [that was the important part] all of it with us.
Nice job aRM. I made similar, but smaller, guards to block flying hot chips when I use a face mill or fly cutter.

Ed
I agree, good job aRM! I need a guard of some type also for when I use my face mill. I'm going to use lexan or plexiglass.  I almost want to make an enclosure around my entire mill to keep the chips in one area. The face mill does an excellent job but really launches the chips
(02-23-2015, 04:17 PM)mike-sid Wrote: I agree, good job aRM!  I need a guard of some type also for when I use my face mill. I'm going to use lexan or plexiglass.  I almost want to make an enclosure around my entire mill to keep the chips in one area. The face mill does an excellent job but really launches the chips

Mike,

I made four guards to help contain the flying hot chips when face milling. I attach one to each end of the Kurt milling vise using the 1/2-13 holes already in the vise. Then I've got one on each side of the vise that's clamped down to the table so it contains the chips pretty well. I'd set it up and post a picture but with my mill torn apart that's not going to happen any time soon.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(02-23-2015, 05:08 PM)EdK Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 04:17 PM)mike-sid Wrote: I agree, good job aRM!  I need a guard of some type also for when I use my face mill. I'm going to use lexan or plexiglass.  I almost want to make an enclosure around my entire mill to keep the chips in one area. The face mill does an excellent job but really launches the chips

Mike,

I made four guards to help contain the flying hot chips when face milling. I attach one to each end of the Kurt milling vise using the 1/2-13 holes already in the vise. Then I've got one on each side of the vise that's clamped down to the table so it contains the chips pretty well. I'd set it up and post a picture but with my mill torn apart that's not going to happen any time soon.

Ed

Would have been nice to have seen Your set up as well MIKE 'cos we have the same problem with flying chips whilst Face Milling
Guess we will just have to wait
aRM
Thanks given by:
Yep. I like it. I may have to copy that. I recently did a job in aluminum bronze, and the chips went *everywhere*. I was using magnets to hold pieces of cardboard to the table, didn't help much.
Thanks given by: