New Lathe
Hi John, good to see the lathe back at yours and cleaned up a bit, Glad I could help with the move lad. It looks like you have got a belter there Drool , I am sure it will serve you well Smiley-eatdrink004  .

Welcome to the Harrison owners club Smiley-dancenana

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Nice lathe John
Is the long leaver on the front a clutch?
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I agree, looks super clean  Smiley-dancenana    It seems like you got a great deal with all the accessories, if not at least you got a complete package and will not have to hunt down all the parts.  Smiley-signs107
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing it in many future video's John. That's a nice bit of kit there and it's found a proper home.  Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
The lever on the top is the clutch the lever on the front is gear change!
A fantastic acquisition, a good selection of accessory's  .
Rotfl
Like all Harrison Lathes you do not have to bolt down to the floor.
They were designed to be true on the attached base. (NEVER take of the base)
Used extensively in mobile Army and Air Force Trucks as well as in Navy ships.
The only machine I know that can be put on wheels and moved about and keep accurate.
I do not see a headstock reducer, if you do not have one I recommend you acquire one ASP as they are short on the ground, the taper is a short M5, IE same taper but different diameter.
Fantastic machines were used much in Engineering Teaching establishments.
I wish you much joy with the ultimate toy. Smiley-eatdrink004
Trev
Thanks given by:
Ooooh metric John, i foresee a few select "bastard" remarks in future videos  Rotfl Looks to be a nice acquisition John. I might just have some nice metric metrology items available. Cool

Mike
tekfab, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2013.
Thanks given by:
Wow, she's a beauty, excellent condition from the looks of it. Can't wait to see you running it in the next instalment of your video series.

Shawn
Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
I'm jealous! That's a REALLY nice lathe and I'm not sure we ever got that level of quality in a Harrison over on this side of the pond.

Given all the metric threads I've had to cut lately a "native" metric machine would be SO nice. Congratulations, that's a beautiful tool to have!
Thanks given by:
I just watched your last 2 nite caps, the lathe and all the bits look great! They made it look so easy to move the lathe. That truck with the boom is awesome! Your're killing me with those crapes......I love maple syrup! Thankfully Vermont is only a couple hours away. Did someone send that to you, or did you buy it local?
Thanks given by:
Harrison in its final resting place
DRO half installed
[Image: S1380011_zps8fbktaeq.jpg]
John
Thanks given by: