More lathe gadgets
(03-12-2015, 03:59 PM)Vinny Wrote: The problem is I've been using my fone instead of my camera.  The software for my camera does the resize, I never paid attention to how big the pics from my fone were coming out.  After looking at them with gimp I saw that Willie was right about them being a tad bit on the large side.

Lots of people have the same problem, but you can change the picture format that your camera saves the photos at so that they aren't so big.

Me I just run all the photos thru photoshop and resize them that I want to put online,  then save them for the web them put them online someplace like photobucket, then link them back to the forum thread that I want to put the photo into.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I use GIMP to resize my photos prior to posting them to the forum.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I do my own hosting so no need here for photobucket. At one time I had something set up for mass resizing but have no idea which machine it's on.
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2015, 03:59 PM)Vinny Wrote: The problem is I've been using my fone instead of my camera.  The software for my camera does the resize, I never paid attention to how big the pics from my fone were coming out.  After looking at them with gimp I saw that Willie was right about them being a tad bit on the large side.

They would have looked great on the 80" flat screen in our living room though.  Big Grin

I'm in the dallen camp. Photoshop and Photobucket for me too.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Hi Lads , well my magnetic DTI's had a problem, the magnetic field was leeching into the workings as when i have come to use the DTI's they were not returning properly as they had been when  I tested them after making them.
  So phase two was needed, the plan to space the magnets away from the DTI's with a plastic bar spacer.
 Not sure what type of plastic is is but stinks when turned in the lathe.
[Image: Carboot%20march%2015%20001.jpg]
 Recessed the bottom for the magnets to sit in which turned out to be mistake in the end.
[Image: Carboot%20march%2015%20002.jpg]
 To get one of the magnets off the rear of the DTI I had to heat it slightly with pencil flame, I found out this spoils the magnet ( turns it into metal disc not magnet lol )  so after glueing the magnets in found one no longer was a magnet and the other was not sitting dead square so although it stuck, it would pivot on the most raised part.
[Image: Carboot%20march%2015%20003.jpg]
[Image: Carboot%20march%2015%20004.jpg]
 I am starting to get bored with this project now so tried sticking another magnet ontop of the dead magnet and it worked, then tested a second magnet ontop of the still magnetic magnet on the other DTI and it was again effecting the DTI so heated the glued magnet to kill it , then glued new magnet ontop and they both eventually work
[Image: Carboot%20march%2015%20005.jpg]
  So I think and hope that is job done this time !
 Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Must be the brand of indicator. I've had an old Starret stuck to one for years, had to replace the bezel but it works flawlessly.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
That plastic appears to be PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and yes, it stinks when machined, butter soft and pliable when warmed up.
Thanks given by: