Billy G's Die Filer
Yes, you are missing something. There is no pivot point from the side holes. The print you see is only one of two parts. The second part is the track the the Trunnion slides in. The 1/4-28 hole at the bottom is for a stud. This will lock the table in any position 0-45 degrees. It is the same type of pivot the Asian Band Saws use on their tables.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Hi Bill

I thought I was missing something , cheers for the clarification .

Rob
Thanks given by:
Has anyone had experience with 5052 Alloy Aluminum. I have a chance to get a piece 24 X 24 X .500. I am thinking of using it for the table.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 03:14 AM)RobWilson. Wrote: Hi Lads

I am confused (easy done )  this first drawing  (post #42) shows what I believe to be the pivot point (large hole ) concentric with the to radial slots .

Then redrawn in post #48 were the two radial slots don't look to be concentric with what I believe to be the pivot point  (large hole), amusing that the two radial slots are there so that the table  can be locked at different angles .  

Is the larger hole a pivot point ?

Are the two radial slots for angle adjustment ?

If above both yes then  assembly will not pivot , or am I missing something ?

Cheers Rob

That's a good question Rob. Thanks for looking it over and chiming in. Those slots are purely decorative.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Those slots and holes make it look more functional than just a flat piece of metal. It's Poker Night tonight. I will be out most of the day. I will be cooking a big pot of Chilli.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Billy,

The 3" diameter dimension on the table I assume is a counter-bore for an insert, correct? I've made it .125" deep but can always change it easy enough.

On the yoke guide print there's a 2.000" dimension at the bottom of the part but no notes as to what it's dimensioning. I assume it's probably for a couple of tapped holes.

On the spindle housing print you have the total width of the part as 2.875" but when you add up the dimensions it adds up to 3.00".

Ed
Thanks given by:
OK -- yes on the 3 inch dimension, you are fine with .125 deep. Now, the distance 9.312 is wrong. Change that to 9.375.

Leave the yoke for now. I don't have time to look at it.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 11:46 AM)Bill Gruby Wrote: OK -- yes on the 3 inch dimension, you are fine with .125 deep. Now, the distance 9.312 is wrong. Change that to 9.375.

Leave the yoke for now. I don't have time to look at it.

"Billy G"

I figured out the yoke guide by looking at the part it bolts to.

Ed
Thanks given by:
The yoke is free floating.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 12:43 PM)Bill Gruby Wrote: The yoke is free floating.

"Billy G"

Oops! So no bolt holes then. I'll remove them from the drawing.

Ed
Thanks given by: