Recommendation for a new mill
I was full of hope in getting the Wabeco F1200 mill just a month back till the local Sherline dealer (now a friend) encounters problem on not having sufficient margin to bring it in. Negotiation is still underway but the drag gets longer.

In case the deal falls through, can anyone recommend any mill of the same size and quality as the Wabeco mill? I'm looking at not having to do any extra work (or little if need be) to make the mill useable. Those stuff that you folks did to your clones or Chinese mills look difficult to me in both time & skill. I would like to have something that can work out of the box if it's possible.

The dimension of the mill I am looking at from Wabeco:

[Image: 58e95944.jpg]

[Image: 71a0912f.jpg]

This is the max I can go unless I buy a bigger place...

Regards,
Wong
Wongster
http://www.wongstersproduction.com

Proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2012.
Thanks given by:
Wong,

It may be worth posting this on Madmodder. A mill of similar size is not a problem, however the same quality - that's a different story.

Hey Wong don't forget to come back SmileSmileSmile
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
im still trying to save up for one
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Have you thought of which one to buy yet?
Wongster
http://www.wongstersproduction.com

Proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2012.
Thanks given by:
hi yep as i only do engines i dont wont one to big a bench top mashen will do mashen mart have the sise in that i wont don't remember the model number but by the look of it all the supliers in the uk of thees tools and sum in the usa are all the same castings but with ther brand name on them if you google me name ie krv3000 this is the type of mill i ones used
this is the model im saving up for Clarke CMD1225D Milling / Drilling Machine
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Move.

Big GrinTongue
Thanks given by: