Tommy Gun - Front action nose piece wanted
A friend of mine is building a Thompson machine gun and where possible he has been tracking down original parts.  This will not be a working gun but a rendered one.  

He is currently chasing a front action nose piece that has the barrel thread intact.  He tried IMA-USA but they only have the one for the "other" model.  The one he is building is a Model 1928 A1.  He has been told that these nose pieces come up in gun swap meets etc, as they get sold with the barrel in kit form.  However, as most were cut up with an oxy torch they are not frequently used.

Has anyone here seen them come up at all or even have one that they wish to part with?  He is not really internet savy, so I said I would ask here to see if I can help him out.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
check the gun broker online auction site would be my first guess
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Nothing there (that I could find) but thanks for the tip.
Thanks given by:
Darren, I have a lot of errands to run today but I'll start checking my usual sources this evening and let you know if I find anything.
Willie
Thanks given by: Mayhem
Thanks Willie - there is no rush on this.
Thanks given by:
You can try posting a WTB add here. http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi Lot's of machine gun guys here. Read the rules and follow them or Buddy, the board owner will nuke your add without warning or explanation .
Thanks given by: Mayhem
I forgot to mention that my friend recently sourced one, so this thread can be put out to pasture!
Thanks given by:
Was there any relation to the "recently sourced one" and a "vintage machine part" that was recently shipped?
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2015, 09:27 PM)PixMan Wrote: Was there any relation to the "recently sourced one" and a "vintage machine part" that was recently shipped?

I am not at liberty to divulge that information... Big Grin
Thanks given by: