A Boma
Nice looking design Dave  Thumbsup   .

I have to make one too , but mine will be some what different to yours Slaphead  , anyway what CAD program are you using ?  

Rob 
Thanks given by: DaveH
(04-06-2015, 03:27 PM)RobWilson. Wrote: anyway what CAD program are you using ?  

Rob 

It was called Alibre ..... it's now called Cubify Design    http://cubify.com/products/design

How different ........... triangular Big Grin

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2015, 04:12 PM)DaveH Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 03:27 PM)RobWilson. Wrote: anyway what CAD program are you using ?  

Rob 

It was called Alibre ..... it's now called Cubify Design    http://cubify.com/products/design

How different ........... triangular Big Grin

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Way way different Dave ,,,,,,,,,,,lets just say its not as  classical a design as yours  Slaphead

Rob 
Thanks given by:
Oh, ......... CAD program I'm wondering if you meant the 2D drawing. Still Cubify Design it does the 2D drawings automatically from the 3D model sketch.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Hi guys,
Well the scrolls have gone it's just too springy. So it will have have a half circle on the end.
Something like this.

Not too sure how I'm going to do it but has to be easier than the scrolls.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Using hot rolled mild steel and painting it sure does look like a good idea Bash 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
You could try annealing the SS. Bring it to a dull red heat, then bury it in sand or fiberglass insulation to cool as slowly as possible.
Thanks given by:
I prefer the scrolls, change it back. :)
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I thought as it was only 3mm thick it would deform reasonably easy, it don't Cool 
I spoke to a guy who does this "wrought iron" stuff - he suggested  to heat it up (red) and do the scroll in one quick go.
He said the knack to deforming stainless is to do it in one go and don't stop.

Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking of doing it in the 20 ton press - that should deform it.

It may need to have a round bottom, not flat as shown.

Might work - I have no idea how I end up doing all these "daft" things.
It will spring open quite a bit but I'll squash it in the vice Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: