Tailstock Tap Guide
No worries Ed Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 04:57 AM)Micktoon Wrote: Hi aRM, that looks as good as anything I have seen , very nice job. How big is it ? Its hard to tell from the photos but you have mentioned the one you can buy are too small.

Cheers Mick
hello MICK
Thanks for the kind words.
If I recall correctly, the body alone on this was just a tad over 4 inches long
Need to measure and let U have the complete overall length tip to end, if that's crucial for U
aRM
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 10:04 AM)EdK Wrote:
(04-01-2015, 09:52 AM)Mayhem Wrote: No insult intended Ed - quite the opposite.

Am I missing something?

Yes, comparing his handmade tool to a commercially made tool. A commercially made tool would likely not be nearly as nice. I feared my subtle humor would be misinterpreted.

Sorry about that. Sad

Ed
We're getting too touchy feely here guys, next thing you know I won't be able to call Steve an old fart. 
Nice tooling aRM
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: aRM
(04-01-2015, 07:08 AM)RobWilson. Wrote: Smiley-signs107  very nicely machined. Nice and crisp knurling. I would give it shop space  Big Grin

Rob
Mr WILSON, now that's a serious statement, coming from U.
And U know better, by far
Must watch that surreptitious ego, and not trip over it !!!
Thank U, Sir
aRM
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 09:08 AM)EdK Wrote:
(04-01-2015, 08:32 AM)Mayhem Wrote: ...  If you hadn't said that you made it I would have thought it was a commercially made item.

Why would you insult him like that.  Big Grin

Ed
U got him on that one ED !!!
Read Your intentions the first time 'cos we used to have the same kind of comparison vis-a-vis, production and custom Knives. They just don't compare.
Nice to read the cheerful banter between the Guys here. Makes one feel relaxed and at ease.
Thanks for the input.
aRM
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 12:18 AM)aRM Wrote: We badly needed one of these as the piss-willy bought ones, or even the Custom-made purchased one, was  way too small

Chin Thankfully I didn't take that out of context.

That is a very nice tool you have there aRM.
..... Also not to be taken out of context.  Big Grin

Quote:Nice to read the cheerful banter between the Guys here. Makes one feel relaxed and at ease.

That is because this is Metalworking FUN. We aren't here to have competitions with anyone. Smile
Willie
Thanks given by:
Ed, how come there's a "like post" button but only after you select it do you get an "unlike post" button ?
And, all it does is remove your "like post". Rotfl

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004  
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 04:08 PM)stevec Wrote: Ed, how come there's a "like post" button but only after you select it do you get an "unlike post" button ?
And, all it does is remove your "like post". Rotfl

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004  

Ah, Steve, that's what that button is for. Liking and retracting your like. 17428

Ed
Thanks given by:
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
So does that mean that a dislike is assumed unless the like is clicked, Ed?

Nice job aRM.
Thanks given by: aRM