Auto darkening welding mask
(04-10-2015, 08:39 PM)Highpower Wrote: Fess up Dave. You only bought it because it has a grind mode, didn't you?  Big Grin 
Yep Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
It is pink really Drool 

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2015, 02:21 AM)Highpower Wrote: So Dave, have you found a shade level that works better for you? Between that and larger viewing window you ought to be able to see the puddle better now. You tend to make better welds when you can actually see what you are doing.  Smile

Didn't make any difference to my welding, and the nice lady in the shop assured me it would Chin She helped me choose the colour.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I'm not too sure about this 'grinding' mode I can see me switching the grinding mode on doing I bit of grinding then deciding to do a bit of welding and forgetting to switch the grinding mode off. Then 'blinded by the light' Big Grin  Now there's a good tittle for a song Big Grin 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I realize a new helmet has been purchased, but going cheap on a welding helmet is not a good idea.  Most of us have one and only one set of eyes that are expected to last a lifetime.  Eye injuries can be difficult to impossible to repair.  I have glaucoma and if my eye doctor knew I weld even just occasionally he would probably have a fit.  I also had cataracts removed just over a year ago.

Consequently I kept my eye out for a quality used helmet and was fortunate to score a Speedglass a few years ago for about 1/3rd the price of a new one.  The previous owner had just started attending a seminary and did not see any need for the helmet which worked out well for me.
Thanks given by:
I tried to use the auto adjust helmet a while back b4 my pacemaker was fitted an couldn't get used to it .spose after nearly 40 yrs of using a handheld welding shield old habits stik .my son says they are a bit of fun to use especially on a very hot clear day .he has to wera a wide brimmed hat so he gets the proper shielding effect .
Thanks given by: