Auto darkening welding mask
It's dead. I was looking for an RIP smiley but there wasn't one.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 04:47 PM)Highpower Wrote: Oh. The first thing that popped up when I tried doing a search on it is .... 'Changzhou Shine Science & Technology Co., Ltd ..."
They obviously make welding helmets, but my malware software stopped my machine from accessing the site.  RolleyesOuch

So yeah, I'm going to say it's time to buy another helmet.  Blush

It took ages for my computer to open the site. It doesn't show the one I have.

I can buy a new one, any thing I should look for as to not to buy . I don't feel I need an adjustable one, so on or off will do.
But what is this 'grinding facility'
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 04:53 PM)Vinny Wrote: It's dead.  I was looking for an RIP smiley but there wasn't one.

It's not dead it's sleeping Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I got mine off ebay, wasn't that expensive and had some good specs (better than the harbor freight ones). Like most everything else it came from china.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
What is a good spec for a cheap one and what is cheap under $50?
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I think even the cheap solar powered ones have a battery, but may not be accessible. My last one would work after you made an arc in front of it for a few seconds, would be fine for the day, the next day you'd have to do the same thing.
Are your eyes worth more than $50.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Greg,
Are you still using it or did you replace it.? Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 04:55 PM)DaveH Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 04:47 PM)Highpower Wrote: Oh. The first thing that popped up when I tried doing a search on it is .... 'Changzhou Shine Science & Technology Co., Ltd ..."
They obviously make welding helmets, but my malware software stopped my machine from accessing the site.  RolleyesOuch

So yeah, I'm going to say it's time to buy another helmet.  Blush

It took ages for my computer to open the site. It doesn't show the one I have.

I can buy a new one, any thing I should look for as to not to buy . I don't feel I need an adjustable one, so on or off will do.
But what is this 'grinding facility'
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Not to buy? Ummmm.... a SHINE?  Big Grin

The 'grinding mode' on adjustable helmets simply give's you a 'clear' lens basically so you can use it for grinding. It's saves time by not having to swap back and forth from your welding helmet to your clear face shield if you have to do some grinding between weld beads.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Thanks Willie. Could be useful that grind mode - probably expensive. Cool
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Long gone Dave, replaced it with an entry level Miller with replaceable battery. If I remember right it was a Lincoln that the non user serviceable battery that died. (Good way to get you to buy another NOT)
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: