Auto darkening welding mask
Mine has grind mode (now that I know what that is). I don't know where the spec sheet is but look at the ones harbor freight has and find something with better specs. Since they're so mass produced they are cheaper. I paid around $30 with free shipping. There's a knob on the side for darkness (in lens numbers 9-13) and two adjustments behind the mask for speed of going dark and how long after the light disappears. I was able to watch a solar eclipse with it before the sun disappeared behind the trees.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: DaveH
don't think Harbor Freight has stores on South Africa

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Thank you guys for all the help Smile 
I got a new one Smiley-dancenana  The red one ................................. the silver grey one is the one that doesn't work.

It is a "hobbyist" welding helmet.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I used it seems to work OK well it goes dark Thumbsup  It also have a bigger window which I find nice.
Sadly it didn't improve my welding Big Grin .
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 10:23 PM)dallen Wrote: don't think Harbor Freight has stores on South Africa

DA

I didn't expect him to go there but to go to the website to get the specs.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2015, 03:54 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 10:23 PM)dallen Wrote: don't think Harbor Freight has stores on South Africa

DA

I didn't expect him to go there but to go to the website to get the specs.

And that is what I did - Thanks.
We don't have Harbor Freight here in South Africa (pity)  We have stores that sell similar (if not the same) items that HF sells just under a different brand name. Smile
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Fess up Dave. You only bought it because it has a grind mode, didn't you?  Big Grin 
Willie
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2015, 08:39 PM)Highpower Wrote: Fess up Dave. You only bought it because it has a grind mode, didn't you?  Big Grin 

And its red.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
C'mon guys. We all know he prefers hot pink. So he bought one that hides that and we shouldn't pick on him for it.
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2015, 01:01 AM)Vinny Wrote: C'mon guys.  We all know he prefers hot pink.

Oh no....... not this again.  Happyno

We've been down that road before Vinny.  Rotfl

So Dave, have you found a shade level that works better for you? Between that and larger viewing window you ought to be able to see the puddle better now. You tend to make better welds when you can actually see what you are doing.  Smile
Willie
Thanks given by: