Indexable carbide insert boring bars
You can find decent face mills on eBay and they're often a "shell mill mount" style rather than direct R8 mount. That's the way mine are so I simply get a matching pilot diameter R8 to 3/4", 1" or 1-1/4" holder. It adds a little bit of length, but when a better cutter comes up on eBay (like my Walter cutters), you just swap out the cutters and reuse the holders.

I do know you can get direct R8 shoulder and face mills from the likes of Shars, but I wouldn't use one of their POS cutters as a fishing sinker let alone as a cutter for metal. Junky cutters with even crappier inserts. Not worth the effort nor the money IMO.

In fact, they have boring bars too, and that hard earned reputation is why you see a small array of quality makers in my list. I'd buy Walter-Valenite, Seco, Sandvik Coromant, Kennametal, Ultradex, Mitsbishi, Kyocera and a few other well known makes before I spent good money on questionable tools. I've leaned how to become a certified Master of eBay Deals!

Willie, what size cutter would you like and how much HP does your mill have? I would be happy to help you find a bargain on something good.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Indexable carbide insert boring bars - by PixMan - 04-12-2015, 09:30 PM
RE: Indexable carbide insert boring bars - by EdK - 04-13-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: Indexable carbide insert boring bars - by EdK - 04-13-2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Indexable carbide insert boring bars - by PixMan - 04-13-2015, 07:18 PM