A stainless steel boma
Another boma Big Grin  I have 18 meters of 30 x 3mm flat bar to do something with.
Going for rivets, and what a load of trouble finding some stainless steel solid rivets, eventually found a company that would make me 50. Smiley-dancenana 
It is not going to be as tall as the last one if fact it will be quite a bit shorter just over half and no fancy scrolls. There will however be plenty of banging and noise Big Grin 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Shows a prelim design and the size relative to the last one.

Still have to sort out the grate
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Because it will be riveted I need to make sure there is a reasonable fit between the inner part of the round straps and the uprights.
So all the uprights will have to be shaped.
A bit like this.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Doesn't look precambrian.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(04-24-2015, 12:45 PM)f350ca Wrote: Doesn't look precambrian.
Will when I've finished with it. Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Done the bottom and top rings 360 and 460 mm dia respectively.

This stainless seems to weld very nicely

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I'm still waiting for the guy to make me some stainless rivets, phoned today but he wasn't there and no one else knew anything about them Chin 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
So, I had an idea Smiley-dancenana 
8mm round head bolt.  - Clever eh Big Grin 
Phoned a company - can I have some 8mm round round bolts without the thread and no slot in the head Smiley-dancenana 

Answer "Sorry sir we can't do that"
Just a cotton pickin' minute .............. It says here 'We make special bolts to customers requirements'
"You don't understand sir ..........................."
If you don't make bolts to customers requirements why do you say you do, that's dishonest. So will you make them or not.
"Mutter mutter mutter ...................... I'll get back to you"
Rhymes with 'Trucking Tankers' Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

.jpg   round-screw-250x250.jpg (Size: 7.43 KB / Downloads: 121)   no slot and thread perfect Thumbsup

Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
What you want to ask for is a stainless carriage bolt. That's the type which have the square head which is driven into the wood as it's tightened. You can always turn the square off in a lathe or grind it off freehand.
Thanks given by:
I bought a couple a few weeks backs. I turned the square bit off. They don't look too bad, I would like them to have a deeper domed head and a smaller diameter.
I'm just getting too picky Big Grin 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by: