What does the SET button do on DRO?
I bought three of these Digital Read Out devices from Warco:

DRO

What does the "set" button do please?

Does anyone have a link to a manual please?

I have so far fitted just one of the three scales to my Clarke CMD300 mini-mill (SEIG X2 to the rest of the world), but I would love to know how to work the display for it.

The devices come with no information of any kind.

Any hints will be gratefully received.

Many thanks,
Robin
hexreader, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Sep 2014.
Thanks given by:
I have the same DRO on my mill, it just doesn't say WARCO on it. It's an iGaging. If I can figure out where I put the manual, I'll scan it and email it to ya.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: hexreader
Here it is on the igaging website: http://www.igaging.com/page18.html I didn't see the manual there tho. Bit googling igaging dro will give you a ton of info.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: hexreader
(04-24-2015, 05:51 PM)hexreader Wrote: What does the "set" button do please?

Many thanks,
Robin

Robin, I found this in reference to one of the iGaging units that Vinny mentioned.

Quote:DISPLAY  FUNCTIONS:

ON/OFF: Press the button to turn the display unit on or off.

IN/MM: Switch measurement units between inch(in) and millimeter(mm).

ZERO: Set display reading to zero.

ABS: Set increment(INC)(relative) zero.

SET: Under inch reading, press this button to set fractional reading among 1/32", 1/64", and 1/128".

.jpg   424-0160-1.jpg (Size: 32.49 KB / Downloads: 86)
Willie
Thanks given by: big job , hexreader
Thanks Vinny,

Thanks Highpower.

You guys are the best!

Pity though, I was hoping it was something more exciting - like tool size adjustment. Since all of my work is in mm, the set button will not help me.

But at least I know and understand now. Won't have to wonder.

Much appreciated,
Robin
Thanks given by:
In case anyone tries to fit the same device.....

It matters which way round you fit the sensors onto the sliders. There are three wrongs ways and one right way.

Not only must the black track be on the smooth surface of the sensor (with no screw holes), but the 1/3 of the black track with a "fat and thin" pattern must be on the cable edge, while the more even 2/3 of the black track must be away from the cable edge of the sensor.

If the DRO behaviour seems to be erratic, swap tracks ends.

All 3 axes now fitted and display mount made - seems to work well so far, now that I have reversed track ends on the Z axis.

Pity there was no manual to tell me all of this 17428    good job this forum exists Smile
Thanks given by: