Table for my mill
I plan on putting 1 or 2 sets of rails underneath for shelves for tooling.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
after reading about all the tables mine might be a little over built
it is about 3.5 x 3.5 x 3 tall , steel table 3/8 plate top 6 square tubing x 3/8 legs has 3/4 x 2 rails under top has 6 channel as stretchers my machine does weigh about 700 lbs.
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2015, 06:43 PM)wing98 Wrote: after reading about all the tables mine might be a little over built
Nope, seems good to me Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I just started drawing this out. Paper, not cad. Should the legs be straight or angled? If angled, what angle are we talking?

I've been texting with a guy that has a some 4" square and 2x4 square that appears to be a good price (I'll check supplier prices tomorrow).
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
Straight will be fine.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
That's good. Straight lines are easier to draw! :)
Thanks given by:
And much easier to cut.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Stupid stupid stupid. Here I was planning on going out and buying steel for this table and when I looked out the back window of the shop a few mins ago what do I see? TWO, count 'em, TWO 19" open equipment racks. They're at least 3/16" U channel, 7 foot tall with a steel plate for a base that's at least 1/4" thick. They weigh about 75 lbs ea. Perfect for this table! I can hear the cutoff saw now! (and feel the money NOT leaving my pocket) I will still buy the stuff I found on Craigslist if he accepts my offer.
Thanks given by:
And on another note, he accepted my offer so I'll be getting a bunch of 4x4 and 2x4 and some other stuff that's at least 3/16 thick and I think some is 1/4" thick in 10' sections for $75. I pick it up Saturday afternoon.
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2015, 09:48 PM)Vinny Wrote: And on another note, he accepted my offer so I'll be getting a bunch of 4x4 and 2x4 and some other stuff that's at least 3/16 thick and I think some is 1/4" thick in 10' sections for $75.  I pick it up Saturday afternoon.

You Suck

Ed
Thanks given by: