DTI Holder / Zero set
(05-04-2015, 06:14 AM)PixMan Wrote: I have only one minor change I might suggest, and that is some way of getting the body of the indicator to swivel and change it's angle relative to the work and it's tip.

Funny that I thought you might  Chin ,,,,, seriously I cant see the need ,it works dam fine as it is , been using it for a couple of years now and cant fault it .

Rob   
Thanks given by:
My DTI instructions say the same thing but I thought that was more to do with taking actual measurements, due to error of cosine. However, I was under the impression that it wouldn't matter when making comparative measurement that you would take when centering a part on the mill, as the error would cancel itself out. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this?

From Rob's initial pictures, it looks like the holder actually can take the ball swivel adapter that Ken referred to, so all bases seem to be covered.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 07:44 AM)Mayhem Wrote: My DTI instructions say the same thing but I thought that was more to do with taking actual measurements, due to error of cosine.

I have a couple of Interapid DTI's also and that is the meaning I got from the instructions too. I think it is especially important on my 312b-15V because it has the extended 2.675" feeler.  Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Rob - I forgot to ask what the T-handle is that is sitting on your mill table in the 5th pic of your OP?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 10:19 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Rob - I forgot to ask what the T-handle is that is sitting on your mill table in the 5th pic of your OP?

Thats the  chuck key Darren  Big Grin ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,long reach , I was doing some work years ago , repositioning the fixing holes on some  car fly wheels , they were going onto a different crack shaft , so I needed a long chuck key .  

Its also works better being long when this chuck is bolted to the table . 

Rob 
Thanks given by:
It's a work of Art Rob. What's it made from and what finish have you used? I ask because I need to get my blasting cabinet up and running again and need to buy some new media!
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
The parts are made from a variety of materials,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Stainless Steel, W1 hardened and Nickel plated steel .

Rob
Thanks given by:
Not to forget camera shined steel . Blush 
Rotfl 

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Really nice high quality piece of work Rob. Another one to put on my to do list.
If it's crazy but it works, it's not crazy.
Thanks given by: