Elliott Concord 460 lathe
The headstock and feedbox have oil running through them from a sump. I'm unsure it the clutches are oiled or not. I will as soon as I get her and open her up...
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Man, that is some machine and an incredible bargain. Probably out of the size range of most home workshops, especially with a 12.5hp motor, so not that much competition for it. Gives me heart that I might find a good mill at a good price yet!
I presume you will have to get it trucked to you, how will you unload and locate it?
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by: Mayhem
Thanks Pete - yes, the size and the fact it is 3 phase worked in my favour. Apparently he had several people look at it, and all said they needed to go and measure their sheds. None called him back.

I will get it picked up with a truck with a hiab. Once it is on the ground outside my workshop, it will either be skates (if I can borrow some) or several lengths of pipe and go at it like the Egyptian's when building the pyramids. That is how both my current lathe and my mill were moved. It actually is pretty straight forward. Tight turns are a little more difficult.

I'm hoping to get it delivered next weekend. If you jump in your car now you can give me a hand to get it installed Big Grin
Thanks given by:
What is a hiab? Is that a trailer or flat bed or something?
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(05-17-2015, 12:40 AM)Mayhem Wrote: I'm hoping to get it delivered next weekend.  If you jump in your car now you can give me a hand to get it installed Big Grin

I wish! Believe me, I'd love to.

I had good success moving my lathe into it's current position using a hand winch and plywood, it was easy to get the plywood under each end just by screwing up the feet. It then slid easily enough to winch off the bases of the shed posts. I'd been mulling over rollers, purpose-built trolleys and the like for ages but was pleasantly surprised how easily just a plywood sheet slid on the concrete with about 2.5 tonne on it.

My leadscrew wasn't working when I bought my lathe, there was a mystery box full of levers and pins, it was surprisingly easy to figure out how it all went together. I think these machines are quite simple to figure out when you have some experience with engines and gearboxes and the like, which I'm sure you have.

Thanks given by:
(05-17-2015, 12:58 AM)Vinny Wrote: What is a hiab?  Is that a trailer or flat bed or something?

A truck mounted crane, the type that folds in and sits between the cab and tray (or deck?). I think 'Hiab' is actually a brand name, used generically here for any similar unit.

Thanks given by:
(05-17-2015, 12:58 AM)Vinny Wrote: What is a hiab?  Is that a trailer or flat bed or something?

What Pete said - here are a couple of links to some pics:

http://ae.hiab.com/content/s12/hiab_palm...0788332545

http://www.hydraulikzentrum.at/wp-conten...iab_06.jpg

They come in a variety of sizes and reaches and can be fitted either to the front or the back of the bed.  They can be controlled at the unit with levers or be remote control.  
Thanks given by:
Ok, I know a guy that has one on his truck for moving large machines and stuff.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
So Darren ,,,,,,,,,, what plans do you have for your new  fookin big lathe  Big Grin , replica cannon scale 1:1   Chin

It is a beaut mate !

Rob 
Thanks given by:
I'm going to sit back and look at it with a massive Cheshire cat-like smile Big Grin Then I am going to make some M4 screws

I have no immediate plans for it. It was simply an opportunity to upgrade my lathe and I took it. You should know as well as anyone that you don't need a reason to buy machinery or tools.

However, its funny you should mention cannons...
Thanks given by: