walter inserts
Nice deal on that chuck so if I were you I'd get good photos and information on it and sell it off on eBay or PracticalMachinist.com to quadruple your money or better! Post those inserts for what you paid while you're at it and use the money for tooling you really can use.
Thanks given by:
can't do the selling on ebay thing due to my situation, the chuck I've had it for quite sometime so I guess it won't matter if I keep it for a while longer.

it looks like this and yes its a bison made in Poland, and no it doesn't have any specks of rust on it, the red spots are some dust from some foundry supplies that I have stored above it.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Want me to post it for you, marked as shipping out of OK? I would just need full specs and good photos.
Thanks given by:
I can take some photos to include the backside which wasn't when I bid on it.

Let me round up some info and take a few photos and if you want you can post it on EBay, this thing won't be cheap to ship.

DA

Thanks given by:
With eBay we have multiple options on shipping. Something of that size and weight would be best posted with a weight (item and packaging) and the zip code it ships from (yours) so a bidder would see the cost based upon their location.

Get me all the pertinent info, make model, age, condition, included parts and accessories, documentation, and photos of all.
Thanks given by:
I was able to modify one of my 3/8 shank triangle insert holders to use these inserts, I haven't used it a lot but they do a pretty good job of roughing out a part in the lathe, I've taken cuts as deep as .060 with no problems.

Thanks given by:
Good to hear you'll get some (lifetime) use out of those David!
Thanks given by: