This followed me home today.
I had not given a lot of thought to making the UJs Darren, I guess it would be do-able but without something to model it on it will be hit-and-miss getting the dimensions and offsets right so that it achieves the angles required as well as driving smoothly, my measurements (of what is not there) tell me they need to drive through a max angle of about 42 degrees which is a big angle for a UJ. Also there is the spline section of the shaft, I have a couple of old 4wd propshafts laying about, will have to have a look and see if the splined sections have a small enough OD to use. The shaft can't be more than about 42mm OD as it hugs the side of the machine. A couple of 3/4" drive socket set UJs might be a possibility Vinny, although I'm not sure whether they are set up to drive through this big an angle either. Will have to experiment with my 1/2" drive set.
As for leveling feet, those look like they might be just the ticket Stan, will look at making something similar to suit.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
[Image: DSCN0924.jpg]

Here's my Fray with the leveling feet/jacks I made using 5/8" all thread and 1/4" thick plate on which I attached some rubber to hopefully absorb vibration.  There's another nut underneath/inside the bottom of the base so I could lock the screws after it was leveled.  The top nuts are pinned in place to make turning the screw very easy.

If I remember correctly I made the hidden nuts similar to coupling nuts, only with approx 1/4 of the length of the nut being threaded. The remainder was drilled oversize for ease of installation. I also milled a hex on the lower end (not threaded) the same size as the 5/8 nuts so I could tighten both nuts at the same time.
Thanks given by:
Well if you can't stay young, you can at least stay immature.
Getting old age pension now and bought my first bike today.
A 2 wheel drive Ural, straight from Siberia. 
Guess these things are unstoppable when you engage the drive to the side car wheel.
Can see Saddie and I having a few adventures on this thing.
[Image: fCmfWLjY_u8fDd1PO0TACmclF22fEmWThZV-fdJG...8-h1191-no]

[Image: idW8rBmYeP81EpbdMCQ1V8nbOnfi-Op1ADoLL8OI...8-h1191-no]

[Image: H-Bd-7D9uesRmbXwA-Mrs7utZUGxBL1Hv__QCgZK...8-h1191-no]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I didn't know there was such a thing as a driving side car. Is it unsteerable as well as unstoppable?
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
(11-22-2018, 12:21 AM)Pete O Wrote: I didn't know there was such a thing as a driving side car. Is it unsteerable as well as unstoppable?

Only if you try to do it from the sidecar. Big Grin

Looks like a fun little toy, Greg. Just watch those two wheel right turns!

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Interesting.  I also never heard of a side car with a driven wheel.  Learn something new every day.  BTW, looks like they stole the engine design from BMW.  4 cylinder horizontally opposed.
Thanks given by:
(11-26-2018, 11:41 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: Interesting.  I also never heard of a side car with a driven wheel.  Learn something new every day.  BTW, looks like they stole the engine design from BMW.  4 cylinder horizontally opposed.

Or maybe the other way around.... nothing so great about BMW's

@ Greg
Say what's that white stuff on the tires, I know it's not beach sand .... LOL !

I can tell you this, a bike is very hard to sell, had two in my life time worse than boats to resell. The last one purchased new in 73 road it until 2000. Got into HotRods, pushed it around the garage up too 2012, sold it bought a lathe & mill.

One of us has got things backwards ROTFLMAO.. good luck and enjoy,  nice, interesting, and good looking machine.

Pep
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
Wish it was beach sand Pep. Had it out for a run in the field with 6 or 8 inches of snow, in 2 wd its incredible where it will go but not so good for steering. lol Have to agree, never had a toy that was easy to sell.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Stan, if I recall correctly, the Ural was a Russian copy of a Chinese copy of a 1937 BMW. Or something like that.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
Or, as Alan Sherman said, “Just what I’ve been looking for! A genuine copy of a fake Dior!”
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by: