few small projects
Gettin a little itchy waiting for my New Machines to arrive at the house PM-25MV -PM1022 still not sure what hobby is going to catch my fancy. Guys I need a home hobby bad bc at work I do not do any challenging work.

So In the mean time B/T work lunch/ break made a few small  projects to get my mind thinking again .  
Spring loaded centers .Than after hours    made  2 sliders  for my table saw at home .  One is a compound  with graduations the other is  a 90 degrees slider with a T slot  for a clamping fixture . . Fig it would become useful cutting alum stock. Didn't   have much stock so  used what I can scrape up.  Still need to make the Pointer.

Right now only have little stuff on my to do list. Clamps Hold downs for precision machinist vice , boring bars, fly cutters, Dove tail cutters ect...  Ohh I do have some ideas (on a few napkins) for a  tool  indexer table  for a shop  built carbide bench grinder However  Dont have the motor yet .lol...  

well after that im  still at a loss what im gona do ... Anyone chime in  Love to hear some more  ideas of some useful tooling …
Thanks given by:
nice work on the sliders and spring centers, I really need to make one of those
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Nice job and thanks for sharing.

Every time I tap something on the lathe I think about making a spring center, but then I move on to something else and forget. Slaphead

Something I use all the time on the mill are stack blocks for propping up strap clamps and such. There are plans on my website.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I saw you using them in a couple of your videos. Those things are slick and are on my todo list.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Vinny,

Escalate them to the top of the list. They are very handy. Smiley-gen163

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthread.php?tid=846

Ed
Thanks given by:
After what I just went thru trying to find a washer the right thickness tonite, they've been escalated!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
A washer the right thickness....now there's a project I could/should latch onto.

One of these days I'll get a hole drilled through some 1" steel stock and part off a series of 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 1/4" (and so on) thick washers/spacers in pairs. When using the Te-Co step block clamp sets it seems I'm always finding the stud to be just a little too long and I reach for the nail with a bunch of 1/16" thick washers. It would be better to grab ONE that's the right thickness.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2015, 07:59 PM)PixMan Wrote: ...

One of these days I'll get a hole drilled through some 1" steel stock and part off a series of 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 1/4" (and so on) thick washers/spacers in pairs. When using the Te-Co step block clamp sets it seems I'm always finding the stud to be just a little too long and I reach for the nail with a bunch of 1/16" thick washers. It would be better to grab ONE that's the right thickness.

Now that's another good idea. Especially since I no longer fear parting off under power thanks to you Ken. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed, you must have transferred that fear of parting to me. I had a parting tool blade go BANG under power feed last week, and now I'm jumpy like a cat in a room fulla' rockin' chairs when I part off.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 04:28 PM)Roadracer_Al Wrote: Ed, you must have transferred that fear of parting to me.  I had a parting tool blade go BANG under power feed last week, and now I'm jumpy like a cat in a room fulla' rockin' chairs when I part off.

Well then transfer it to someone else so you can get over it. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by: