Ok, what went wrong?
Is your air dry? Damp air feed can make for grotty cuts.
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
A possible reason!
Do you have a air dryer in your air line.
On a damp/humid day without a dryer the cuts go to pieces.
Trev
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 08:33 PM)Vinny Wrote: How did you know, Ed?

Your plasma cutting looks as bad as my MIG welding.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 07:15 PM)PixMan Wrote: ...If that doesn't work, switch from Leinenkugel to Sam Adams or Yuengling?

Completely off topic but this part of your post jogged my memory about something I had meant to email you about.

I was in Sweden in March and had a bottle of Sam Adams with dinner one night.  For some reason, I read the label and to my astonishment, I discovered that it was bottled in Australia!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 07:05 AM)EdK Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 08:33 PM)Vinny Wrote: How did you know, Ed?

Your plasma cutting looks as bad as my MIG welding.

Ed

Wait till you see my mig welding!

Yes there is an air dryer at the cutter and it's empty. Dunno if I'll get out there today to try again even tho it's beautiful out there right now. I need to make a new guide for it (wheel type). That bent up piece of wire they include is trashed from the blowback.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 07:07 AM)Mayhem Wrote: ...

I was in Sweden in March and had a bottle of Sam Adams with dinner one night.  For some reason, I read the label and to my astonishment, I discovered that it was bottled in Australia!

Well, did it taste good? 5176

Ed
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 04:41 PM)EdK Wrote:

Well, did it taste good?  5176

Ed

He must not have Ed, he did say he had "A" bottle. Bleh

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2015, 04:59 PM)stevec Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 04:41 PM)EdK Wrote:

Well, did it taste good?  5176

Ed

He must not have Ed, he did say he had "A" bottle. Bleh

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

Ah yes, good point Steve.

Ed
Thanks given by:
So how new was your tip? when they get worn they use much more air, also looks like you have been drinking?
For me the shoulders are shot so freehand is ugly but a cheap square for a guide make straighter lines.
oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
I'm yet to use a plasma cutter, don't know much about them at all so i'm sure i could make a cut look much worse than yours Vinny! Looks like a cut with an oxy torch that had a blocked tip. Does surface rust have an effect on plasma cutting?
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by: