Help Rotary table want to make good decision
Hey guys really need some help my machine is ready to ship , want to make good decisions ASAP thanks

Been doing allot reading and searching the forums for info on this subject want to make good decision on what to get for my for PM25-Mv mill. Allot of folks been suggesting the 6" Rotary table for my size Mill some are saying the 8" would be too big . I guess what am i asking would you agree on the 6" for that mill .

Also I am leaning towards getting the 6" vertex RT as i belive its a better table anyone know where to get the diving plates that would properly function/ fit that table thanks ?

Bonus Q
Does anyone know if the H7527
sold by Grizzley 6" Rotary Table w/ Div. Plates
http://www.grizzly.com/products/6-Rotary...ates/H7527
is a china made RT is it a copy of the Yulssa ?

is the G1049 a knock off as well? http://www.grizzly.com/products/Combinat...e-6-/G1049
sorry for all the Qs but i guess what im asking is is it at all worth it or should i stay away from either of those models all together ?
As you see im trying to get my best bang for my buck and don't want to regret making the wrong decision and ending up buying more equipment
thanks again

kenny v
Thanks given by:
if grizzly is selling it, its probably made in china.

I have a 6 inch one from grizzly that I use on my ZX-45 same as a Rung Fu 45 and wish that I had of gotten the 8 because there's been times I needed a bigger RT.

if I could afford it I'd go for the Vertex.

That's just my opinion.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
For that mill, I'd get the 6". You can always use a larger fixture plate on the 6" if you need a larger surface for some projects. Smiley-gen163

Ed
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 10:42 AM)EdK Wrote: For that mill, I'd get the 6". You can always use a larger fixture plate on the 6" if you need a larger surface for some projects. Smiley-gen163

Ed
see I get varied opinions but that's good keep em coming
yes Ed was thinkin same thing how bout where to get correct dividing plates for the Vertex?
Thanks given by:
I have an 8 inch vertex and often wish it was bigger, but it depends on what your building. You can always put a smaller part on a bigger table. The smaller table limits you when trying to clamp on the outside if some parts. The dividing plates and handle for my Vertex dividing head fit the Vertex rotary table of that helps.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 10:49 AM)Kennyv Wrote: ... how bout where to get correct dividing plates for the Vertex?

Here:

http://www.amazon.com/Vertex-Milling-Rot...4%3AVertex

And here:

http://www.accuramachinetools.com/accura...te-se.html

Ed
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2015, 11:42 AM)f350ca Wrote: ... The smaller table limits you when trying to clamp on the outside if some parts....

Not if you use a fixture plate.

Ed
Thanks given by:
The two tables are the same, I have that same one but got it at CDCO for a whole lot cheaper (it was about $200 with shipping). They also have the dividing plates for it. It's without a doubt China. Mine's a 6" and it's about to go on the mill in the next few days, I just have a couple of things to finish up first. BTW, I have no complaints about this one. It's a little stiff but I never opened it up to remove the chinese red goo.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
thanks guys for all your help support purchased the 6" Vertex from PM when I received my mill on wed... and thanks to you all have the correct divining plates on order
Mots of the feed back I received was go with the 6" RT for that size mill after setting up mill I have to concur its a good fit for the PM-25MV
Thanks given by:
I think you made the right call going with a 6" RT. I bought an 8" Vertex RT about 8 or so years ago for my smaller 3-in-1 machine and it was too big for it. I very seldom used it.

Now with my larger mill I find myself using it more and glad I kept the 8" but for your size mill the 6" will be much better suited.

Congrats on the new PM mill also.

Mike.
Thanks given by: