Belt Grinder
Dave, have you considered making your own contact wheels? It's something I plan to look into when the time comes for my belt grinder project.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
Pete,
I could make the tracking and the drive wheels they are just aluminium, the contact wheel with the urethane tyre 12" (300mm) dia might be difficult.
I'm not sure how the contact wheels are made.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave, do it the easy way. 1) make an aluminum wheel smaller than you need. 2) make a mold that the wheel will sit in centered. 3) drill a few holes in the wheel surface. 4) find a suitable urethane rubber from SmoothOn.com and get a trial size. 5) put the wheel in the mold, mix the rubber and pour. After it's cured you have one helluva wheel. As far as I know, Smooth-on has distribution points all over the world and many hollywood sets are made from their products. They're also rather inexpensive.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I'll have to think about that Vinny. Smile 
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Just curious, when did belt sanders become belt grinders?
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2015, 04:08 PM)f350ca Wrote: Just curious, when did belt sanders become belt grinders?

About the same time as when rubbing something back and forth on a bit sand paper became lapping .

Rob
Thanks given by:
Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I've got a dog that will lap a grinder if you set your sandwich down anywhere near him!

steve
Thanks given by:
I think the difference between a belt sander and a belt grinder is being able to stall the belt sander when you're really leaning on a cut.

Vinny, thanks for the urethane link. I'll have to give that a try.
Thanks given by:
When you guys refer to "contact wheels", are you meaning something like the rubber or urethane "tires" on the drive wheels of a bandsaw?

Maybe these guys have something for you.

http://bandsawparts.com/UltraBlueUrethaneTires.cfm
Thanks given by: