New toy PM-25MV update report
Tongue 
Hey guys
. well on WED yesterday get home to a nice present . My PM25MV arrived all in good order it was waiting for me in the garage to start unpacking I had my pop coming over to Cut the first band and he did.. Im not going to show any pics cuz u all know what they look like . I was excited and was able to take my mind of things for a few hours .. anyway quick update
I thought about how i was gona hoist it for last few days and decided i was goig to use a sling and a Rope hoist i had in my camping gear for years. Well after unpacking crate showing my dad all the goodies i decided i wont have a prob lifting it with another strog arm.. My dad said he can lift about 50 thats it... and I knew that ... ..

My Dad is 76 and my wife was out of Q ... she already had it when she had to lift another Pc of equipt... Anways Got it uncrated and happen to hear next door ahad a visitor ( Boyfriend of the girl next door) 20 years old stong... . Gave the kid instructions how we going to lift told him we pick up and feel it first than re pick up and set on stand.... sshowed him how it was back heavy and keep his weaight foward and Tod dad to be there to keep staright. Little throught bada bing 15 seconds later was on the stand and the rest uis history

.My First impression was wow they looook allot bigger in the Pictures... well i though it stood maybe 8-10 " higher thats all . Was a little suprised that tthe quil travel is less than 4" on 1.875 but supposed to be 2" but what do you exspect with a machine this size.. Good thing is GREAT job on the NEW MOTOR smoothe and quit... However i supsect they will be changing the draw bar / nut design .

Spend the rest of night goin over machine but didnt go far as checking runoout Gibs ect.... BC i ran out of time. for the night . Over all . Right now id like to keep the topic live for Any Mods you boys have done love to see esp to get ideas of what can be improved..?

Besides a new draw bar bushing and proper nut the Only thing I can think of is simple DRO for the full Z travel . I have to feel machine before ic an say what may need to better it.
. Right now im gona Take it slow and try not to be so impulsive ( so I say)

seems pretty tight so far. Their are a couple of things that may need changing but im gona wait till i get feedback from u guys. All comments welcome . Please do chime in. Anyyone who has the same mill or equivlent love to hear the ideas..

Well thats about it today . . I hope I can start over again and get doin stuff as hobby out in my garage to take the bight off of my current Job situation . thanks again for all your help.
Thanks given by:
C'mon!  Can't we see one or two little pictures?  And congratulations on the new mill.  Thumbsup
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
No pics, it didn't happen.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs009
Thanks given by:
U guys are too funny .. alright alright gona take time  tho... ill pots pics tonight with work shop update than    Little story first I don't have a camera no more . So I have to beg my wife .. that's a nother story anyways What hap was   my Girl took over my camera  for years than  took it to the beach and yup some how  got sand in it. Lens didn't close....  So much for camera  and Ohh   I don't have a cell either  sooooooo  Its beg  and scratch .  Hers a short update .  and 3 pics  ok 4  had to take one of mill right . Ooops this forum wont download pic says they too big BRB in a few
Thanks given by:
We're waiting patiently Kenny.

Ed
Thanks given by:
have to coppy ALL my wifes pics and than take pics and than down size and than post them ,,, didn't eat supper have no beer and have to take ride on Bike to get a few brews . Give me a min or 2 shes bein a Royal PIA
Thanks given by:
Don't risk the wrath of the boss. The pictures can wait.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ok hers an update   and 3 pics sorry no mill  yet Ohhh  BC the camera died  and I don't think its the battery either . Now im in deeper water/ dog house ....    I dunno why  everything in my life goes the HRAD way .. yup and even  I have to compress pics too  its like a 3 fold operation  this is like consuming like another Hobby.........  . well  im taken a ride n for  berersand gona eat  so ill catch up latter

Quick update regarding draw bar   . I see one or two new felllas recently purchase the mill so I fig id share  what I have observed with current draw bar design . My Mill came with a Draw bar nut that was hammered from the go.    Because I haven’t tooled up anything as of yet  .I wasn’t sure with out using  the nut if it needed to hold draw bar concentric And it does ,  However the bushing idea works well.

I spoken with Matty last night he said he made a bushing and ya didn’t need  the  nut  sooooo

FWIW  the  this is what I did am doing > I am goin to make a new draw bar similar to Bridgeport  with a brass bushin. R For now I  will modify this one  and a later  put hex head nut to grab rotate and tighten,   I thought if it works on Bridgeport R8 style  than it should work same here .  Anyways  I didnt have any brass bronze at work   Had to come home with sumthin right ? So  I  actuality took  old brass air  fitting  and made my bushing on break time.  With my Morning  coffee I measured and drew a napkin sketch  if anyone is interested.   Well it worked I made bushing size on  . Next is to get either  put ½ or 5/8  extended Nut on end of draw bar machine down  to fit and weld on end.

…..When  I get my lathe I will make a new draw bar altogether that fits machine and handles well . Esp since you need to make tool changes quite often.

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0713.JPG (Size: 74.13 KB / Downloads: 84)
.jpg   DSCF0715.JPG (Size: 74.48 KB / Downloads: 85)
.jpg   DSCF0714.JPG (Size: 90.24 KB / Downloads: 84)
Thanks given by:
Ok  ImBack   took 3 pics  but thats it too much edditing

..Had go out and get a roll for hotts dogs and a  cold one  . Rode all over town  on me scooter ,,Nice ride tho...  Cant believe its was past 10 Pm  everything was closed  . Had to go to a bar   ain’t been to one  in years.... anyways just sitting down to eat my supper . Italian hot dog Miller draft  and  maybe a few pretzels to wash down rest of em... . Ok  So with out futrher adue  her's  the mill .  This is the way we here  folks take fishin Pics....................................................... See how big it looks...lol.......

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0718.JPG (Size: 96.31 KB / Downloads: 82)
.jpg   DSCF0719.JPG (Size: 90.12 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   DSCF0717.JPG (Size: 103.52 KB / Downloads: 81)
Thanks given by: