New toy PM-25MV update report
The bushing worked out well  draw-bar mod works like a charm too.

Haven’t had much time to run machine working on getting garage in order and now got caught up building a bench - rack with upper shelves that will accommodate bunch of bench machines . The key is  have it all functional  accessible . Work in progress stay tuned.
Other than that spent some time on Sunday checking machine spindle run out with a different tooling . The spindle has an error of .002 so everything thereafter was same or more. I ran trials changing tools  in to see if any variation and repeatability. Using  arbor only, collet, drill chuck  cheepo drill chuck, keyless chuck    After playing around cleaning fixing adjusting I was able to repeat to no less than  .002 run out at tool spindle  further down tool run out was slightly more. Up to .004  TIR ( 6 inches down from spindle )  I guess that's expected with this mill anyone have better luck? 

Today only welded an 11/16 nut on the end of the draw bar . EZ access now and a breeze to do  a tool changeover. After omitting the spindle nut that coverred the draw bar . Works great tightens loosens a heck allot better than that silly 9 mm square nut. Now I have 2 options wrench or small breaker style bar . Next is make an easier tool to use holing spindle . Nice to get back into the swing of things I did think of a few Ideas of tooling I will be adding/ making . The list gets bigger..... guess that’s ok keeping mind occupied .

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0739.JPG (Size: 50.95 KB / Downloads: 114)
.jpg   DSCF0746.JPG (Size: 46.92 KB / Downloads: 114)
.jpg   DSCF0745.JPG (Size: 47.21 KB / Downloads: 115)
.jpg   DSCF0743.JPG (Size: 49.86 KB / Downloads: 115)
.jpg   DSCF0730.JPG (Size: 55.04 KB / Downloads: 119)
Thanks given by:
Havent had much time to do  anything on the mill  (busy at work) and still wokin on getting garage in order making ready for my new  band saw. However the other night I cut my first chips to make these leg support mounting feet. I had  purchased a few for bench project im workin on but returned them for $18 bucks . So I ended up buying steaks for the BBQ on  fathers day .  Anyways simple mill drill tap counter sink  . So far machine is not what im used to tho...
However I tried to see if machine can handle a ½ pipe tap  at low RMP range and it was a NO CAN DO..lol...  I over sized the root diam  and was only gona go to %70 prob thread  still no can do . Motor wont geter done even with lots of  Magic juice . (  the ole  formula of tap magic) . Well  Ended up finishing feeding  thread by hand  using draw bar wrench .
Btw the threads came out good dont look at last pic (bad lighting)  ..look at pic before I added countersinks that one shows Quality of threads. Just sayin.lol..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Nicely made Kenny Thumbsup  they do look good Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(06-26-2015, 11:49 AM)DaveH Wrote: Nicely made Kenny Thumbsup  they do look good Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

gee thanks.....  wait till ya see the bench when its done. bench/ table 2 tier shelf  for multiple bench machines..  its  WIP... but been doin other stuff and workin late last few days . Maybe finish weekend .. I better cuz I need to have it place to pick up me brand new used Horiz  band saw

Ps well for first time in my life I wish I had 2 more inches .. (Quill travel that is) .. ohh and ther is no quill stop so ill have to make one .. I like machine but im a bit disappointed what am I gona do with these 3/4-1" index able mills I just gots in mail... I asked Matty in last email if he does trade ins already want to step up to PM932 if he entertains the offer .. what ya think ? if I pay the dif and shipping think it can happen ?
Thanks given by:
Quick n  EZ practical Mod . I was going to purchase new handles w/ 8mm x 1.25 x 81 mm bolts  and extend my Y axis table locks like another fella did using this idea .

http://www.mcmaster.com/#6324k38/=xssjrs
   But I didn't want to wait to order handles . plus been spedin enough moneys lately.  So this morn I though of two Ideas to take my  original lock levers and modiphy them than maybe add better handles later .  So I drew up this sketch with morning coffee and headed off to work.  By my first break  already dug up  some handles in box of parts ( parts is parts right)?  Than  turned  my blanks  and cut  the 5/16-18  stud  extensions out of an old rusted bent  u bolt  . Than at lunch made 2 brass washers. Tapped the extensions for Knobs and  turned the OD for the Original 8mm x1.25 thread. And after work threaded them debured  and polished em.  Heres the old locks. Notice  what happens to hand when u use them .  Besides they are PIA to work and  you cant get to them either . 
 The pics show the new parts and then installed. I checked the function of them a Ok "right on... Than for now locktigted the  knob studs. As soon as I officially  try em out. Ill put a roll pin  through the nob and stud . Most likely if they feel and work well ill end up leaving them.  No reason to make fancy dancy ones  now and if it aint broke  than why  fix it right

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Short update

PM932 PDF (2 left in stock) one with my name on it..
pulled a few strings ( and some of my grey hair) decided not to upgrade my breaker box cost me another Gino I don't have
getting 220V line dropped to garage for about a buck a volt ... "yup" $250 Ole Piazonno...... no worry 40 years as electrician. hes tied up right now with bad hand .. but if he cant make it next few weeks ill drop the line myself .. been in box once to run 20 amp line and breaker once whats another leg?

when I was young id do anything..lol... Btw when I first moved in my house I went out bought a 16" chainsaw and downed 80' tree by myself . Tree was 15' from my house ....... Dropped that sucker down in road b/t the opening in my fence.... yup well I sorta lied I did ask my ole neighbor to move his truck outa the way and hold the rope just in case it didn't fall exactly as planned ..
btw I wont do that again ......getting too ole for this crap...but for some reason EVERY THING COST MONEY...this new hobbie is costing me to steal my equity.
Hope I can get a return on my investment with a few $ ideas.. Already have one in the works .. but that's top secret till I perfect it ... Gota work before I shoot my mouth off right?
Thanks given by: