Help Not sure where to post this but this seems like a good start - Linear encoder repair
So from the parts marked 2700 I get 172.0
Thanks given by:
reverse the leads and try it again.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
So from these suckers, right to left, I get...

[Image: Untitled5_zpsumqryhkj.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-20-2015, 01:37 PM)Vinny Wrote: reverse the leads and try it again.

I still get 172.

Does this mean they are shot?
Thanks given by:
From the fish eye's I get nothing at all. I don't even know what they are. Oh I think someone already posted the answer to that.
Thanks given by:
These look like them I think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1W-Infrared-IR...565e13d4df
Thanks given by:
They're either photo diodes or LEDs. What did you get when you reversed the leads on those little "fish eyes"? The 172 could be due to something else in circuit. Also reverse the leads on the black things and check them again. Those look like diodes because of the stripe on one side.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
I get nothing from the fish eyes Vinny whatever way I test them and on the ones with the silver stripe I get the same reading which ever way.
Thanks given by:
They may all be shot, but we don't know what else is in circuit that could be causing the low readings. Is it possible to power it up and get some voltage measurements?
Thanks given by:
Sure I can do that. What would I be testing?
Thanks given by: