manual lubrication and manual lubrication
Hey Guys Im a new owner of a PM25MV mill ,Have Q's regarding proper lubrication .
Also and if anyone knows if their is a dowloadable manual avail for this machine please post a link ?

regarding lubrication

I do have lots of stuff to use at home grease ( molly, White, Bering ) way oil 20-30W, Spindle oil 10W Trans Fluid btw ( not bad to use ) it was actually recommended on another machine specs . I have prob every oil grease u can think of besides all special specked in stuff im not gona buy unless its like i hafta

Anyways what are you all using for a mill that does not have an auto grease?
i don't want to go crazy and purchase special premium lubricants that are not necessary for what im using mill for. Just want to whet the whistle and keep things smooth thanks Big Grin

Id like to know what i can get by with lubing

Lead screws

Ways

X Y Axis dial oil fitting

And MOSTLY If anyone is familiar. This mill it has a Z axis worm gear crank ( lowers the head)

Anyone know what is recommended up top?

TIA Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
(06-20-2015, 02:28 PM)Kennyv Wrote: Hey Guys  Im a new owner of a PM25MV mill ,Have  Q's regarding proper lubrication .
Also  and if anyone knows if their is a dowloadable manual avail for this machine please post a link ?

regarding lubrication

I  do have lots of stuff to use at home grease ( molly, White, Bering )  way oil  20-30W,  Spindle oil  10W  Trans Fluid btw  ( not bad to use ) it was actually recommended on another machine specs . I have prob every oil grease u can think of besides all special specked in stuff im not gona buy unless its like i hafta

Anyways what are you all using  for a mill that does not have an auto grease?
i don't want to go crazy and purchase special premium lubricants that are not necessary for what im using mill for.  Just want to whet the whistle and keep things  smooth thanks  Big Grin

Id like to know what i can get by  with lubing

Lead screws

Ways

X Y Axis dial oil fitting

And MOSTLY If anyone is familiar. This  mill it has a Z axis worm gear  crank ( lowers the head)

Anyone know what is recommended up top?

TIA  Thumbsup

This is what I use.

Lead screws - way oil.
Ways - way oil. #2 for the horizontal surfaces and #4 for the vertical surfaces. I've never heard of "20-30W" way oil.
Dials - way oil.
The head elevation screw and gear I use white lithium grease.

Smiley-gen163

Ed
Thanks given by: