More D.T.I. Repairs
thanks all for the comments as to haw to make new lens I youse replacement lens covers of welding masks the flat ones is easy leve the protective film on the lens and cover it wit masking tape on both sides then mark out the size of the new lens by drawing a rawnd  the old one then cut out once you have it fitting nice remove the protective film as for curved ones most are dun with the aide of a jam jar and different sized balls remove the protective film of both sides then heat the plastic up be carful as to not get it to hot as bubbles will start to form in the plastic once hot inuf    place over the open end of the jam jar and press the ball into it this will form the curve of the lens
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Easier said than done Bob, mine haven't turned out like yours.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Nicely done.
Neat technique forming the lense.
Sounds like a challenge.  I'd love to give it a go.
Anyone require a lense for your indicators?
??

GM.
Not General manager.
It's all good.
Thanks given by:
hi don't be putt off keep at it and you will get there vacuum forming is a nuther way of doing it but a lot of work just to make one lens or search the net for replacement ones but I ant perfect it sum times takes me two to three goes to get it right   I have tried one suggestion to spray the lens that's badly scratched with clear lacer  but was not imprest with the results on the topic of scratches any product designed for removing scratches from car pant work will work on the lenses jus remove the heavy ones with fine grade wet and dry sand paper then finish off with the scratch remover
Thanks given by: f350ca
hi I got sent three D.T.I.s from adev for me to have a bash at the one that fritend me the most was the batty as the dile was curved in muck and oil any way all got striped dawn and all are like new gnaw right pics before and after

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Brill. As always...   Graemlin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Graemlin

Rob Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Graemlin  Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Graemlin

Ed
Thanks given by:
hi thanks for the comments but I mist off the batty pic so her it is

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: