New addition to the family
wanted finish saw today went out  on long errand  this Am …. than  got sidetracked fixing another cooks mess ( axle supports )  So I intergraded and improvised.  . Here is a few pics so far . Computer crapped out  I had a draft written but lost it ..... so ya get  bullet point version

As far as leg supports was gona  just add oak 4x4  add arch profile and be done and over with it . Well than I got thinkin and rem a nice hunk of T6 alum from scrap yard that would be perfect to finish base supports. Here's a coffee break first draft and than my change lol... ohh got to try out my new compound slider for table saw . On one of the forums one fella was askin if you can cut alum on table saw . The answe is Yup  Bc I have a crappy delta and the shaft / blade runs out ...  Anyways  well here ya have it 1-1/2 x5 inch alum sliced and diced . Dont furget safey glasses on this one.... check out thse ole school 80's glasses found in tool box .  

Well  Not bad with a junky saw and a <60T blade . Slow and steady works like  charm . Im sure when I get my 80T blade work  even better.
So thats about it topped off with a nice lunch by the Mrs . I o I o my  break is  over …need to  finish drilling / tapping  mounting screws and add angles to base with base archway and be done and over with the mods pt this dang thing back together already.  Btw I tried out the new mill and its slows me down up and down up and down (limited quill travel )  now I dunno im realy thinkin considering the   getting  the next size mill .    Was just  able to  pull off  a  5/16 -18 taping operation.  But had to finagle a bit to do it. Doesnt seem to have adequate toque  even low speed with the  magic Juice too  .. Chin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
that's it  done .... last mods for band saw done , Next putter all back together >  need to do a little polishing  parts/details and modify a new handle but thats a wrap...... prob goin  down to the boats fishin after supper  all this week . Got some catching up to do......”Catching” up to do “ get it?

Thanks given by:
My long lost project of restoring my band saw .Only been about 3 months... Blush

Had some company over today …. after dinner and coffee was able to escape to garage and start putting this thing back together . Boy it was Ez to take apart finding all the parts to put back together is another thing..lol.. at first couldn’t find the motor mount Bolts so moved on to other things . Ended up spotting them where I left em ..(.in the tray of my tool creeper ) . Few upgrades. Beefed up suspension   wheel and leg supports , w/ 8” DP vice conveniently  hung on front base as a counterweight  Prob will be used for vertical sawing . Now that I finally got  started , prob finish the job in next week or so... Its all WIP ... THANKS For looking ... Stay tuned

Thanks given by: