Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild
Hello PixMan and Edk. I checked my lead screw against the drawing and mine seems to be the same except for the shouldered area beside the acme thread. I then proceeded to the garage for a closer look. I have cleaned the slides from the saddle up, but I haven't got to the apron and the gears therein. It seems someone has drilled another hole in my lead screw to enable flipping or reposition the drive gear. Upon further inspection, no matter the gear orientation or hole position, the pressure from the axial thrust bearings is exerted upon the twin locknuts and the roll pin that keeps the gear from turning. The shouldered area is irrelevant. But it should be. I am going to clean the apron gears and see where the drive gear should be mating and take some measurements. I probably won't fab up a pro drawing like Edk, but I can pencil it out on paper and scan it. This probably won't happen until the weekend. Thank-you.
Mark
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild - by turbo711 - 07-06-2015, 10:11 PM