Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild
the image you posted I can't read the number on,

The gear that is worn out on you lathe has angled teeth on it and is pretty simple to actually make, after the last one I put in my lathe ended up looking like the one in the photo I made one out of something a little more wear resistant. You can see the worn out one in the photo.

The U shaped bracket that holds the worm in place in this next photo you can see where its cracked by the hole in the corner of the bracket

you can get the shafts off of the bed by removing the roll pins from the change gear box end, the block on the tail end should just slip off the shafts,

The leadscrew (top one) should have a setscrew in it that will have to be loosened so you can slide the cover back to access the pin in it.

I would put something soft that will shear for a pin in these especially the one for the carriage feed.

if you need or want I can get the part number for the gear off of grizzly where I've ordered it before.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild - by dallen - 07-07-2015, 08:54 AM