Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild
Man, you guys are awesome. Super helpful.

Edk, I'll get the measurements done this weekend, and thanks for the drawing offer.

Dallen, that part is still on the shaft attached to the base. Sure I'll take the part# for the gear. If I can't obtain the part locally, I'll have backup.

In the mean time, here are some pics of what's happening. I cleaned thick sludge and rust for 2 days. Back to work tomorrow.

[Image: cleanedCarriageParts.jpg?dl=0]

And the "Dark Reality" of the project...

[Image: TheDarkReality.jpg?dl=0]

I found more problems. The split nut carriers are broken on the corners. Probably from pushing down the lever with too much force.
I might try to put my newly acquired Ammco 7" shaper to use on these and try to insert a steel piece to prevent it from happening again, if I can figure out how to use it :)

[Image: brokenSplitNutCarriers.jpg?dl=0]

And a better view of the driven worm drive gear:

[Image: wormDriven.jpg?dl=0]

Here is the mostly assembled apron after dismantling, cleaning and inspection. The several off center roll pins that hold some gears and controls are demoralizing to re-assemble...

[Image: CleanedApronFront.jpg?dl=0]
[Image: CleanedApronBack.jpg?dl=0]

Another small issue is the handles. I would like to take them apart without wrecking them. The rusted one with the gap drives me nuts. Anyone ever take one apart?

[Image: handles.jpg?dl=0]

That's it for now.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild - by turbo711 - 07-07-2015, 07:32 PM