Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild
(07-17-2015, 09:03 AM)turbo711 Wrote: Hello Dallen. Yes, they are 24V I think. The transformer indicates 24V output. The link(s) would be welcomed. Here is a pic from Johnnyc14 that shows how it supposed to look:

[Image: original%20wiring.JPG?dl=0]

I might be interested in the quill, but I don't want to put much money in this tailstock due to it's condition. I was thinking of milling the slot wider and making a new pin. My mill in a homemade cnc router though and it doesn't like steel too much...

Mark

Whilst I have always enjoyed working on motor control circuitry and electrical circuits in general, I must admit that the US system does confuse me at times, which is why I generally chime in here when it comes to details.  I would hate to be responsible for someone getting a shock
.gif   electrocute.gif (Size: 10.12 KB / Downloads: 84)

I'm unsure why you would use low voltage coils on your contactors?  Is it because you have (if I understand correctly) more than one single phase supply option?  Here things are pretty simple: 240V single phase or 415V three phase. As such, when wiring three phase contactors, I will choose 440V coils and 120V coils when using single phase.  From my point of view it is simpler and less expensive.

Here is the link to my upgrade on my Kondia mill.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild - by Mayhem - 07-21-2015, 06:55 AM