Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild
Well I had visions of turning the CT1440G motor armature with the Standard Modern 1230, but before I could, I had to attach the motor back on and deal with the wiring that turned out to be not as bad as anticipated. I also had to refill the oil of which a good portion leaked out during the move up the stairs from the sellers basement. I thought I might as well take a peek inside:

[Image: SMgearbox.jpg?dl=0]

And I was greeted by this on the end of the spindle shaft:

[Image: SMbearing.jpg?dl=0]

So I put a new bearing in and also took the carriage apart to look inside the apron. After draining the oil and cleaning out the black sludge from the bottom, new oil was put in and the whole thing was bolted back together. This took awhile. I had to straighten a bent tool slide leadscrew as well. Anyway, I dug out the tool holder and I went to put it on, but I think there is a shouldered sleeve missing or something. Can anyone enlighten me to the proper mounting gear this Dickson supposed to have?

[Image: Dickson.jpg?dl=0][Image: DicksonTop.jpg?dl=0][Image: DicksonBase.jpg?dl=0]

I guess it would work, but it will slop around and irritate me. This whole thing is sidetracking me from the rebuild!
That's all for now. The weekend is over already and back to work tomorrow. Slaphead

Mark
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cantek 1440, Birmingham, Wilton CT 1440, and others Rebuild - by turbo711 - 07-26-2015, 05:44 PM