Project Power Drawbar For PM-935T Mill
Not wanting to hijack Mike's drawbar thread, I thought I'd start my own thread on building the power drawbar for my new mill. I've started gathering the needed supplies. I knew I had the shafting for the guide rods but wasn't sure about the 1/2" aluminum plate. I got lucky and found two perfect candidates. I've got the bronze for the bushings but that will have to wait until I've got the new nut for my existing mill made up since the bushings for this project will come from the same bronze rod. There should be plenty but having screwed up three tries at making the nut, I'm going to give the priority to the mill nut until I get it right.  Blush

Ed

Thanks given by:
Watching and waiting Ed  Popcorn
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Subscribed.

Mike.

Thanks given by:
I opened up the wrench this evening to inspect the guts of it. I was expecting worse. The gasket is even labeled as being oil resistant and made in England. The machining of the parts is not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Thats quite a bit like a kid Ed, take something thats functioning apart to see how it works
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I want to see the pic of it all back together and the spare bits left over Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 07:25 PM)f350ca Wrote: Thats quite a bit like a kid Ed, take something thats functioning apart to see how it works

I do that all the time.

When I was married (19 years ago), we got an espresso maker.  I knew how a coffee maker worked, but I wanted to know what made them different.  Wife told me not to take apart her new machine, and I relented.  Later, when she went shopping, I took it apart, satisfied myself as to it's inner workings, then reassembled it.  I even tested it to make sure I hadn't buggered anything up.  Cleaned up, and went back to watching TV.

When the wife came home, she took one look at the espresso maker and stated that I had taken it apart.  I denied it, but she insisted she knew.  I had left the screw driver sitting on the table, and that was the dead giveaway.  Busted!
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 07:25 PM)f350ca Wrote: That's quite a bit like a kid Ed, take something that's functioning apart to see how it works

I don't know if it was functioning since I've never run it so no harm done. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2015, 07:25 PM)f350ca Wrote: Thats quite a bit like a kid Ed, take something thats functioning apart to see how it works

Just so you can rest easy now Greg.  Smile

Ed

Thanks given by:
Thanks Ed, I haven't had a good nights sleep since you tore it apart.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: