10 inch Lathes**** Oldies but goodies*** need your opinions ASAP
(07-17-2015, 10:19 PM)EdK Wrote: You can fix the 3-phase problem with a VFD.

Ed

thanks Guys GREAT im good with all that . Thanks again for all your help
Again 2 -3 More Q's ..lol.. Im getting power out to garage that will be 220 Single phase My new mill will be single phase so most likely the Lathe is the only machine I may need a VFD for . Juts want to concur as the fela said above . If I get a VFD for 3 HP ill be ok for 3HP and less ill be all set with the 1hp South bend ?
anyone know good reasonable source to purchase and I better off getting new?
Now back to lathe bushing's bearings adjustment shims . What is best way to inspect them making sure lathe is tight running true .?
ohh I was also thinking of bringing thread gauge to check a few ranges in gear box make sure it haven't been monkeyed with . As u see that lathe does NOT have Fine carriage adj stop. o well can be nice project that ill be proud of when I make one already came up with a new idea .. But that's for latter down road..
all the other stuff ya can be darn sure ill be checking .. the way I am the sun wil be setting when we finial make the deal ...lol.... Last used car I purchased the guy came out and said im sure you know by know who makes all the parts.....

and last but not least Q anyone look at the south bend lathe a page back ?
http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/tls/5104380288.html
I think this is a 9" SB what ya all think?

This like one town away ..Got to go check my e mail on other computer as I enquired but this on Fri if he has I can buy it in 2 hours from now ..lol....
I woke up 5 am this am First thing came to my mind is getting a trailer to buy the 10" x 24 SB .. I need to go to work soon and let this settle a bit ask more Q's bout the 10 Heavy SB. Maybe check out the 9"??? should I get that size lathe out of my mind and stick with 10 inch???
anyways if its the Lords will in me purchasing any Lathe I am confident he will direct my steps and make it happen.. Just saying. Of course id like to hear from ya all too thanks again guys .
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 inch Lathes**** Oldies but goodies*** need your opinions ASAP - by Kennyv - 07-18-2015, 09:00 AM