10 inch Lathes**** Oldies but goodies*** need your opinions ASAP
update on 10"  and  some info on 9 x42"

Regarding the 9 inch and comparing it to the Heavy 10 SB update . The 10x24 is 220V single phase  so that ends that most likely will run @ 1400-1700 Rms max

The fella with the 9"  wrote me back sent these pics .I called about 1/2 Hr awaiting a return call to get more details  his wife said they had it 10 years of course bought it from al ole machinist .

what can you say about this model without serial # the tag says 9 x 3' 6" bed (42") from some quick research it looks to be maybe the Model 9-inch "Workshop Lathe and the 9-inch  or  the "Workshop" Precision Lathe. Do you think its the later  #405 Model ? From more reading it may be the beefed up model  the Gap Bed  Model C after 1962 d .lol. which originaly sold for $245 Not 100% on this but suspect it may be this model???

I can get it for $1000 or less as seen in pics not sure if he has collet closer but seems to have tooling for it .  Dont think it has  a 4 jaw chuck Bc don't see in the pics

what years  do ya think it is ?  what type of head bearings does it have ?

should I stray away from it  lean towards the heavy ten   and or is there something better I should be looking at this size rigidly that perhaps may be able to get more Rpms out of   ?  some reason they caught my eye . the one guys 15 min away .
Sorry for all the Q's , I now im a PIA  
Thanks so much for all your help I wanted to get a Lathe today but will wait on it  to get  the right one. Im a gona be patient and respect  all your suggestions .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 inch Lathes**** Oldies but goodies*** need your opinions ASAP - by Kennyv - 07-18-2015, 12:16 PM