10 inch Lathes**** Oldies but goodies*** need your opinions ASAP
(07-18-2015, 01:23 PM)Vinny Wrote: By the looks of all those gears, it doesn't have a quick change gearbox which will get old in a hurry when you start threading.  Change the gears to cut a 16 TPI thread, then change the gears for your slow feed, then change them for ...  old in a hurry.
Wow Vinny that's 2 in a row comments that are thoughtful and helpful ... yure on your game today. Thanks for the help to lend a hand w/ the hilo... but I still may use my rope hoist idea ...lol... I have that all fig out now how im gona support the beams when I lift up the 932 ...
hey I thought you were gona go back to the Logan again... just kidden . Btw I did do a lil of research and it seems they did have somewhat better bearings perhaps ahead of the early model SB's .. Ohh and I did look at that 10" Model # 4900 Clausing alltho the machine is lighter than heavy SB 10 by 300 # perhaps it may be a bit more rigid bc of year and having roller bearings and 12 spindle speeds up to 1700 Rpm too bad the one I found is completely stripped of accessories . Now what im learning that may have been the right choice .. However I still want something that has higher RPM range .

Vinny keep in mind I still want to keep the ole beer fridge. getting a 10" lathe not bigger. If ya have one thing to say as far as getting a 10 incher that will have the best of both worlds ya have any suggestions of what I should look for ?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 inch Lathes**** Oldies but goodies*** need your opinions ASAP - by Kennyv - 07-18-2015, 01:52 PM