10 inch Lathes**** Oldies but goodies*** need your opinions ASAP
THANKS  guys thanks  Vinny
been busy up  till 3 am last 2 days .... Im sorry didn't buy the Logan did have a look tho . in the 2 min I looked  was impressed with  head and gear box .  Very simple, rigid good design in my book... never looked at logans ..I like em ,,,  ...  Hmm wasn't is heavy as the 10 SB tho ... Good price and all I had to do was put together and check  However had my eye on SB  ill share latter ..  for now id say  sorry Bloke u seem like a ford guy  would bought the str6 F100 . Im a Chevy guy ..  I Got the  Chevy  step side  Str-6 250Ci with the wooden bed I
Always wanted .  Dint have time to fart around with Carbs and clutches that day  ya know .
Hey see the gear box on the SB Heavy ?  LAST night put a few hours in her oilen her/ cleaning  up dialing in..  I must say  the only thing that sweaks is the Tightness of  Main drive belt .LOlllllllllll. This kitten purs even with the gears and lead screw all reved up.  No Foolin!!!! My Buddies Tough yet runs like a doll ... "tits" man ...  the only part that I see I may need to replace NEW  is a new brass cross feed lead screw nut .. other than that cant find any thing to replace .  and the only thing I did not look at examine  is engagement mech the lever is a cam it seems like its light.. I dunno if that can be adjusted and haven't dug further anyone know how she engages and what to look for adjust ? again she goes in SMOOTHE but feels like she can be adjusted or something.  Been long time sinse I fixed adjusted ripped apart one so forgot how she engages  anyone ?

Can I say  machine is sweet . Im gona smoothe out the travels cross feed/ compound / tail stock...  and be  sure ill have a nice ride no? I can do that by hand No?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 inch Lathes**** Oldies but goodies*** need your opinions ASAP - by Kennyv - 07-22-2015, 12:01 PM