Making a part......an idea, from paper to product.
Russ,

That's a great example of "print to part" and well done. I appreciate how you've been able to move from one CAM software package that had no "documentation" to a fully supported one.

One question: When I look at the print in your first photo, I don't see a LOT of dimension related to the pockets, angles of bolt patterns, etc., yet the features are there on the finished part. Should I assume you actually got a package of several prints that did lay out the complete part with all features and tolerances?
Thanks given by:
(08-14-2015, 10:22 AM)PixMan Wrote: Russ,

That's a great example of "print to part" and well done. I appreciate how you've been able to move from one CAM software package that had no "documentation" to a fully supported one.

One question: When I look at the print in your first photo, I don't see a LOT of dimension related to the pockets, angles of bolt patterns, etc., yet the features are there on the finished part. Should I assume you actually got a package of several prints that did lay out the complete part with all features and tolerances?

Hi Ken,  thanks!

The holes, pocket information, and bores were all numbered on the drawing and locations and specifications called out in an index in another section of the drawing on the print.

Very difficult to work with since you constantly have to find the spec.'s for each hole designation when out on the floor, but the drawing would most likely be even more confusing with dimensions going every which way on the drawing.  

It's kind of a Catch-22 in how the drawing should be drawn.  On one hand you have a nice index showing every hole location and specification.  On the other hand you have to hunt and search and double check to be sure the hole you're working on is in fact the hole you want to be working on.  That is strictly speaking for the guy out in the shop.  

For me in the office, it's a piece of cake.  Left click on the entity, a right click on measure in the drop down menu, and there's all the info regarding it.

Later,
Russ
Thanks given by: