Home Shop Made Tools
(08-13-2015, 09:48 AM)Sunset Machine Wrote: I'll be making a Mayhem forge! Right now it all goes into a hibachi (barbeque)...

(08-13-2015, 12:09 PM)EdK Wrote: I like your forge Darren. I think I just may copy it. It's small enough so as to not take up a lot of room.

Thanks guys - I thought that I had posted a build thread on this but a search of the welding and casting proved otherwise. If you would like I can put together a post.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(08-14-2015, 07:15 AM)Mayhem Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 09:48 AM)Sunset Machine Wrote: I'll be making a Mayhem forge! Right now it all goes into a hibachi (barbeque)...

(08-13-2015, 12:09 PM)EdK Wrote: I like your forge Darren. I think I just may copy it. It's small enough so as to not take up a lot of room.

Thanks guys - I thought that I had posted a build thread on this but a search of the welding and casting proved otherwise.  If you would like I can put together a post.

Yes, please post about it. I need to make drawings. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
(08-14-2015, 07:19 AM)EdK Wrote: Yes, please post about it. I need to make drawings.  Big Grin

Ed

No drawings needed Ed, unless you are using AmishCad. This is a classic make it up as you go along project!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: EdK
Nice work Rob Btw im new here so have never seen your work .. absolutely gorgeous . Pure craftsmanship......if I can ask are ya still working and can what do ya do for a living ?
Also what type of surface finish are you putting on the tools blasting /etching . can ya briefly explain the process . Very nice
thanks
Thanks given by:
(08-14-2015, 12:21 PM)Kennyv Wrote: Nice  work Rob Btw  im  new here so have never seen your work .. absolutely gorgeous . Pure craftsmanship......if I can   ask are ya still working and can what do ya do for a living ?
Also what type of surface  finish are you putting on the tools blasting /etching .  can ya briefly explain the process . Very nice
thanks

Hi and thanks Kenny , 

Yes still working unfortunately ,still got 20 years to do (just a young lad )  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am a florist LOL ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, narh just joking  at present  I repair material handling and access equipment , forklifts, cranes and cherry pickers that sort of gear . 

As for surface finish ,,,,,,,,,, anything from oh natural , plating , anodizing  and other oxide coatings   , I do like messing with electro chemistry and the tooling shown previous have just been used as test beds to see how things work/stand the test of time . Anyway way to big of a subject to be discussed in  this thread , maybe in a separate thread . 

May as well add the instrument makers vices to the post ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even though they have been seen before . Slaphead

[Image: P1060337_zps162270a3.jpg]
[Image: P1060346_zps83c77575.jpg]
[Image: P1060314_zpsbmcdxl7g.jpg]
[Image: P1060371_zpsqrokv7zh.jpg]
[Image: P1060350_zps16d5d4c7.jpg]

OH natural finish  Popcorn

Cheers Rob
Thanks given by:
OK last tool/attachment  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its getting boring looking at my own work , one thousand plus members  and only a hand full of lads making there own tools ,,,,,,,,,,, whats everyone else doing,,,,,, armchair engineering, or getting UPS  to deliver them .  Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

Tapper turning attachment for the Myford Super 7 lathe . 

[Image: PB220159_zpsmnrnzvg6.jpg]
[Image: PB220158_zpst9lws133.jpg]
[Image: PB010126_zps4mjavtgt.jpg]
[Image: PA300137_zpsgr9yuzps.jpg]
[Image: PC070184_zpsni6s8s1m.jpg]
[Image: PB060143_zpsnraur33b.jpg]
[Image: PB060145_zpsmkdbaniy.jpg]
[Image: PB070144_zps9u5wugwg.jpg]
[Image: PB280170_zps3havbcbd.jpg]
[Image: PB280172_zpsewy8g8fi.jpg]

[Image: PC060172_zpsv8tc3rum.jpg]
[Image: PC060174_zps2djgmlg8.jpg]
[Image: PC060175_zps5fmouua6.jpg]

I lost the photos of it attached to the lathe when new , so these will have to do .

[Image: P10105681_zpsh7hiji4l.jpg]
[Image: P1060515_zps2gccgwly.jpg]

Rob
Thanks given by: aRM
Hard act to follow, but I will anyway.

Called a "nudger" by Bogstandard, who first posted it over on that other forum.  Made a set, thinking it was something to do, but I'd never use it.  Turns out, I use it almost every time I chuck something up in the lathe.  Makes getting parts running true much easier.

Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
Wow Rob! That taper attachment is really nice. I assume there was some welding involved in making it, correct?
Gorgeous as usual.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Here's the carriage stop I made for the lathe. I've got a Mark II in the works to fix some of the issues with this one though. This one will get relegated to holding a dial indicator once the Mark II is done.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Your a tough act to follow Rob
A tool post and height gauge I made. In my infinite wisdom its not standard sized so I have to make my own holders.
[Image: IMG_1107.jpg]

Die holders for the lathe

[Image: IMGP1183.jpg]

Sand blast cabinet, the panels are plastic used for the boards in an ice rink.

[Image: IMGP1252.jpg]

A plate roller, I've rolled 5/16 plate 12 inches wide with no problems.

[Image: IMG_0883.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: