Home Shop Made Tools
Rob do you have any prints on the slotter?, I would like to try to knock up a pattern and see about pouring one in Cast Iron.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I sure do  Big Grin   check your PM , 

Rob
Thanks given by:
Rob Wilson Esq
Heck, Man U do some exceptional work for an "amateur".
Do U have a drawing of Your beautiful Fly Cutter??
See Yours is mounted on some ISO 40/50 Type Arbour.
Have been mulling on this for quite some time now of all the various designs.
Want to mount ours on a spare R8-22 Shell Mill Arbour we have.
Do U think the R8-22 will be good (Plenty strong) enough ??? It takes a solitary 10mm SHCS and we don't know if that will be adequate enough to hold the complete Fly Cutter unit ???
Did U harden Your Insert Holder ??? We have K110 Tool Steel available. U Guys should be familiar with that Grade !!!
Would be nice to get some input from U Guys.
TIA
aRM
Thanks given by:
Hi and thanks ARM 

I made mine from 4140 as is , I reckon any quality tool steel will be fine ,made mine about two years back and its still doing fine . 

Mine is mounted on an old BT30 ,ISO30  so R8 may be OK , cant really say . 

I will see if I have the drawings I made knocking about ,,,,,here is a link to what I copied    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suburban-Fly-C...4ae4e7cc9b    Popcorn

Cheers Rob

EDIT : They manufacture one for a R8 taper , so all good ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,check out video in link .
Thanks given by:
Rob, you sure do good work. Makes me realize that I need to pay more attention to the cosmetics of my work.
Thanks given by:
(08-24-2015, 02:32 PM)RobWilson. Wrote: Hi and thanks ARM 

I made mine from 4140 as is  , I reckon any quality tool steel will be fine ,made mine about two years back and its still doing fine . 

Mine is mounted on an old BT30 ,ISO30  so R8 may be OK , cant really say . 

I will see if I have the drawings I made knocking about ,,,,,here is a link to what I copied    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suburban-Fly-C...4ae4e7cc9b    Popcorn

Cheers Rob

EDIT : They manufacture one for a R8 taper , so all good ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,check out video in link .
Hello there ROB
Yeah, yeah that is the original I have been eyeballing for some time. Yours is the best knockoff by far of any I have seen. We have some EN8 we want to use for the ball and some un-beknown tool steel for the Insert Holder. Yup, seen they also have an R8 Shell Mill Holder, and the easy method the Keyway is slotted makes it all now possible.
Much appreciate the timely response.
Take care.
aRM
Thanks given by:
Here is one that is so simple to make and gets used often.  In fact, I used it today, which made me remember mention it.  I did post it a few years back but thought it worth rehashing!

Simple bender - 6mm - 1/4" capacity
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Play the game Darren and post photos in the thread  Big Grin  no linky lol

A handy wee bit of kit to have around the shop  Smiley-signs107 .I think I will have to make one .

Rob
Thanks given by:
(08-25-2015, 07:15 AM)aRM Wrote: Hello  there ROB
  Yours is the best knockoff by far of any I have seen.  
Take care.
aRM

Hi aRM ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My "knockoff" is better than the original, there's just has a cheap Zinc coating ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mine has a Nickel coating Big Grin 

Cheers Rob
Thanks given by:
(08-25-2015, 02:37 PM)RobWilson. Wrote:
(08-25-2015, 07:15 AM)aRM Wrote: Hello  there ROB
  Yours is the best knockoff by far of any I have seen.  
Take care.
aRM

Hi aRM ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My "knockoff" is better than the original, there's just has a cheap Zinc coating ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mine has a Nickel coating Big Grin 

Cheers Rob
Aye, Aye ROB
That's what sets Yours apart, Maestro.
Now where's the sketches Man ??
Is Your insert Holder Bar 1" thick ???
Do confirm
TIA
aRM
Thanks given by: