How do these work? (20-0-20 indicator)
(08-30-2015, 10:52 AM)TomG Wrote: That type of indicator is used for inspection of production parts. To use it, it is zeroed out to the nominal dimension and the flags are set for the plus and minus limits. Each part, or a sampling of parts are then checked to ensure that they fall within the tolerance specified on the print.

Tom

That part I understand. I guess the better way to phrase my question is how important is it to zero the gage in the center of the stem travel, so you have an equal amount of movement on both the + and - sides? 17428

My plan is to replace the 1" travel dial indicator I currently have on my Sinclair rifle round concentricity gauge with this one. I don't need a 1" travel when I'm working to a .002" max run out. The .0005" divisions will come in handy here. Smile

Another question.... The hand (indicator needle) is covered in surface rust which I will clean off. What would be the best choice for refinishing the hand? Cold blue solution, tool black solution, or just a coat of paint? Chin

Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do these work? (20-0-20 indicator) - by Highpower - 08-30-2015, 11:16 AM