How do these work? (20-0-20 indicator)
Thank you Bob!   Worthy 

I had a feeling that painting the hand would be detrimental to it's operation. I love your idea about using the marker. I have plenty of Sharpies around here. I spent some time cleaning up the parts in my ultrasonic cleaner today. Most of them came out clean, but the brass parts were still covered in dried up grunge and dull looking. I ran those through again using some ammoniated horology cleaning solution (for cleaning clock parts) and they came out shining like a new penny. I still need to polish up the bezel a bit and do the same with the hand now. All in good time.

One more question... Where should the pointer be when the indicator is at rest? Most of the pictures I've found on the net has it at the 9:00 position. Is that about right? I wish this thing would have moved before I had to take it apart to break everything loose. That would have answered a lot of these questions.   Blush

The reason this thing was stuck was because someone else had been in there before me. One of the bezel retaining screws is missing (don't know where I'm going to find one of those...) and the upper brass bushing for the stem was buggered a bit and corroded. I ran a reamer through it and got it opened up again. The stem slides right through now.   Smiley-dancenana
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do these work? (20-0-20 indicator) - by Highpower - 08-30-2015, 04:31 PM