Ryhope Pumping Engine
(09-01-2015, 01:25 PM)RobWilson. Wrote: Sham there was not a Historical section to post such so it would not be lost in the mix .

There is now Rob.  Smile

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/forum-39.html

Ed
Thanks given by:
Nice one Ed ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now I can bore the tits off everyone with my museum/trip photos  ,  I promise to  leave out the shots of me in a mankini  Big Grin

Rob  Smiley-dancenana
Thanks given by:
Thank Christ for that........................................
John S., Nottingham, England.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 01:46 PM)RobWilson. Wrote: of me in a mankini

Yikes    Yikes    Yikes
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/dBHjfNTHCO8
Thanks given by:
Some gr8 pictures there John & Rob, it's a few yrs since I was there, I usually go to darlington & take the steam engine for the day but it's been closed to the public 'cos northumbrian water[owners] recon they've found asbestos there!! I hate to say this but ryhope is a little more impresive!! I love victorian engineering, they didn't just build things they built them ornately & beautifull to look at [a bit like an attractive woman!! he he,] I might go to hunton next week if I'm not too busy.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for posting that, Rob. I'd never heard of it before. Real shame. It reminded me of a time when I was much younger and out in the woods found an forgotten old mining accident monument. Some 20 men died, down in a hole. Capped it with concrete and a bronze marker, covered with ivy.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2015, 02:51 PM)the artfull-codger Wrote: Some gr8 pictures there John & Rob, it's a few yrs since I was there, I usually go to darlington & take the steam engine for the day but it's been closed to the public 'cos northumbrian water[owners] recon they've found asbestos there!! I hate to say this but ryhope is a little more impresive!! I love victorian engineering, they didn't just build things they built them ornately & beautifull to look at [a bit like an attractive woman!! he he,] I might go to hunton next week if I'm not too busy.

Tees cottage is  a very interesting  pumping station , been a wile since my last vist  do they still fire up the rather large gas ( real gas , not gasoline ) engine ?  . I just love Victorian engineering . Have you been down to Crossness Pumping station ? , I made it there this year on a steaming weekend , sort of capped of my holiday . 

[Image: P1020141_zpsiwcm0wpu.jpg]
[Image: P1020133_zpsx5ombjib.jpg]
[Image: P1020124_zpsaao6beyv.jpg]

More to come on that  Big Grin

(09-05-2015, 04:17 PM)Sunset Machine Wrote: Thanks for posting that, Rob. I'd never heard of it before. Real shame. It reminded me of a time when I was much younger and out in the woods found an forgotten old mining accident monument. Some 20 men died, down in a hole. Capped it with concrete and a bronze marker, covered with ivy.

Yes so many men and boys dies down mines , this mining disaster is less that 1/2 a mile from my house . 

[Image: P1090701_zps6nzqh5zq.jpg]
[Image: P1090702_zps2ybgiwau.jpg]

Very sad .

Rob
Thanks given by:
That's a very colorful place. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2015, 10:04 AM)EdK Wrote: That's a very colorful place.  Thumbsup

Ed

Just a tad Ed ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I bit to garish  for me  Cool

Rob