a screw jack
hi all on my rummage at the boot sale sum time a go I got a screw jack all on its own as per a bit rusty and un loved after having a bit of a tidy up I fawned him again so I decided to make him  a partner but I had to modify the original one sos no pics of this bit I changed the thread from sum sort of inch to metric 6 mm  the base dimension on the original one is 31.5 mm but I had no bare that size but I got a bit of my friend peter  witch was 38 mm di that will do so the first job was to finger out the taper on the mane body just put the original on in the chuck and set the top slide to that angel and made a note of it then just bash't a way the pics of the knurling did not turn out so good so only pics of the finish knurling any way pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Looks like twins to me. Graemlin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Looks like chess pieces to me.   Cool 

Graemlin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Graemlin , Look like twins to me too Bob , also like Chess pieces, I think as a challenge to yourself you should make a full set of 'Machinists chess pieces' over the winter to keep you out of trouble, half in steel and half in brass, then challenge John to a game on Youtube Big Grin

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
cant stand chess but I don't mind drafts
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Lovely work!
Thanks given by: